New Contributor
Anyone else need size 4X? So many fashions, but none for 4x. Please consider a super sized show.
Honored Contributor

Probably not gonna happen. But...QVC's sizing runs about a size smaller than standard brick & mortar sizing. If you are a 4x elsewhere, you might very well be a size 3x at QVC.

Super Contributor
I?'d try 3x. Do you already wear any clothes from the Q
Valued Contributor

Krkfan, I'd like to apologize ahead of time for the holier-than-thou-you-shouldn't-be-this-size posters that will crawl out of the woodwork on this thread. Judging by the fact that you have 2 posts under your name, you either really do have to deal with the issue of finding attractive, comfortable clothes in 4X, or you are intentionally trolling for conflict. I hope it is that you are sincere about your question.

I think everyone deserves the right to find great clothes no matter what size. Unfortunately, not everyone has an understanding of the reason for wanting Q to offer 4X. I was a 4X at one time, so I can speak from experience. When you're that size, you pretty much are at the mercy of places like Lane Bryant, Roamans, etc. The problem with these places is the quality is not there... and in many cases the style isn't acceptable either.

QVC has marketed from their beginning that what they offer to a small woman they make available to a 3X. The fit may be different, but the fabric is the same quality and the style is as close to "same" as the fit allows. I've always appreciated this. So many of the retailers catering to extended sizes sacrifice the construction, using cheap fabrics (way cheaper than any Q uses) to increase profit. QVC did try the 4X-5X market at one time in the 80's with their Delta Burke line and one other (name escapes my memory). It was not a success for them. The problem is that for them to realize a return on their investment, they would need to have a lot of 4X ladies already shopping with them that would be an instant market, or they would need to invest a lot of advertising dollars to reach the larger size customer out there to let them know to come shop 4X with the Q. I don't think the Q will do that.

If 4X is a bit "drapey" on you, then you probably can find some 3X options on QVC that will fit fine. I recommend you take your measurements. Then shop the lines on QVC and search for items that have the key words "relaxed fit". You can simply type these two words in the search box and it will pull up all the items in their inventory that use that description.

Then, on those you like, sort the garment's reviews by "low to high" so that an item's lowest reviews are first in line below the item description. Glance through them and look for phrases such as "ran large", "way too big for me", "looked frumpy or dowdy" (meaning the poster didn't fill out the garment). This would indicate that the item not only was styled to be generous, but went beyond generous in the 3X. Then look at the "click here" measurements and compare with yours. Note, I feel the Q generally plays it safe on the garment measurements and intentionally underestimates the measurement by around an inch on the plus sizes to minimize returns. If a garment answers all these criteria, odds are that is a 3X which will fit you. I'd give a few of them a try.

Super Contributor
On 10/8/2014 MadamAnne said:

I ABSOLUTELY mean no offense. However, 4X is not a size that anyone should be. Your health is at risk in so many ways.

This goes way beyond medical conditions that contribute to weight gain, etc. Please have someone help you to lose weight. Good luck.

Whatever size a person is she still need clothing.

OP, there's a catalog and website called Woman Within that carries sizes above 3x. They are mainly casual, along the lines of Denim & Co.

Honored Contributor

Have you checked the measurements used for the different lines sold on QVC? Because I think Denim and Co runs big. I'd be surprised if you can't wear the 3x in D&C.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

My dear, I have sent in post to several different forums about this, and either NO ONE has bother to answer, or I get some nasty comments about my size. I stand at 6'1" tall and wear a 5X to have it fix right. Sure, I could go to places like Lane Bryant or Romans, but many of they clothing look like something a grandmother should wear. Either that, or the quality is not there. I see NOTHING wrong in asking some of these designers to go up to a 4X and a 5X size. I would bet my month pay check they would be the FIRST to sell out! ! !

Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 diamondscribe said:

diamondscribe, thank you for your intelligent, articulate & sensitive response.

OP, try OneStopPlus.com. It's a catalog collection of plus sizes from Woman Within, Roaman's, Elios, LaRedoute,Taillissime, Jessica London, Amoureuse, Comfort Choice, Dreams & Co Sleep & Robes.

I hope you can find what you're looking for!

Honored Contributor
I dare say there are at least as many 4X women in America as there are XXSs, or more. They need clothing just like everyone else.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 10/8/2014 diamondscribe said:

Krkfan, I'd like to apologize ahead of time for the holier-than-thou-you-shouldn't-be-this-size posters that will crawl out of the woodwork on this thread. Judging by the fact that you have 2 posts under your name, you either really do have to deal with the issue of finding attractive, comfortable clothes in 4X, or you are intentionally trolling for conflict. I hope it is that you are sincere about your question.

I think everyone deserves the right to find great clothes no matter what size. Unfortunately, not everyone has an understanding of the reason for wanting Q to offer 4X. I was a 4X at one time, so I can speak from experience. When you're that size, you pretty much are at the mercy of places like Lane Bryant, Roamans, etc. The problem with these places is the quality is not there... and in many cases the style isn't acceptable either.

QVC has marketed from their beginning that what they offer to a small woman they make available to a 3X. The fit may be different, but the fabric is the same quality and the style is as close to "same" as the fit allows. I've always appreciated this. So many of the retailers catering to extended sizes sacrifice the construction, using cheap fabrics (way cheaper than any Q uses) to increase profit. QVC did try the 4X-5X market at one time in the 80's with their Delta Burke line and one other (name escapes my memory). It was not a success for them. The problem is that for them to realize a return on their investment, they would need to have a lot of 4X ladies already shopping with them that would be an instant market, or they would need to invest a lot of advertising dollars to reach the larger size customer out there to let them know to come shop 4X with the Q. I don't think the Q will do that.

If 4X is a bit "drapey" on you, then you probably can find some 3X options on QVC that will fit fine. I recommend you take your measurements. Then shop the lines on QVC and search for items that have the key words "relaxed fit". You can simply type these two words in the search box and it will pull up all the items in their inventory that use that description.

Then, on those you like, sort the garment's reviews by "low to high" so that an item's lowest reviews are first in line below the item description. Glance through them and look for phrases such as "ran large", "way too big for me", "looked frumpy or dowdy" (meaning the poster didn't fill out the garment). This would indicate that the item not only was styled to be generous, but went beyond generous in the 3X. Then look at the "click here" measurements and compare with yours. Note, I feel the Q generally plays it safe on the garment measurements and intentionally underestimates the measurement by around an inch on the plus sizes to minimize returns. If a garment answers all these criteria, odds are that is a 3X which will fit you. I'd give a few of them a try.

diamond---I have to commend you for your very informative and respectful post!! Everyone needs clothing and shouldn't be treated like an outcast no matter what size a person is. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Thanks!