Contributor

Question? Can someone describe the feel of SG liquid knits?

I know this is a strange question and hard to describe but I am funny about texture. For example I don't like some fleece things because it feels weird to me. I love the look of SG liquid knits and wonder how it feels and if its breathable. I do stay a little chilly at work but don't like fabrics that make me hot.

New Contributor

Re: Question? Can someone describe the feel of SG liquid knits?

I have at least 25 liquid knit items and love every one of them. The best way to describe the feel of the material, in my opinion, is that it would compare to a lycra/spandex yoga pant. I find liquid knit is very breathable and comfortable to wear so I'm not too cold nor do I get overheated. Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

Liquid knit is 100% polyester - it absolutely does not breathe. when i wear it I get hot and sweaty quickly.

Valued Contributor

Slinky. If you are looking for a really easy care fabric, you will love liquid knit.

It's nice for work if you commute, since it does not wrinkle!

Check out Susan Graver's french terry/cotton/span/lustra knit (nylon) fabrics, they are very nice too.

Contributor

On 8/10/2014 sweet and simple crafts said: I have at least 25 liquid knit items and love every one of them. The best way to describe the feel of the material, in my opinion, is that it would compare to a lycra/spandex yoga pant. I find liquid knit is very breathable and comfortable to wear so I'm not too cold nor do I get overheated. Hope this helps!

Thank you for this information!! I guess I should say that I live in North Alabama so when its hot its really hot but my office is always really cold, winter or summer. I love that Susan describes it as a material that will wear well and not fade. It seems that my work wardrobe can look well worn very quickly if its not a good fabric. I am going to order the tunic top that she was showing and can't wait to try it!! Thanks again!!

New Contributor

On 8/10/2014 happy housewife said:

Liquid knit is 100% polyester - it absolutely does not breathe. when i wear it I get hot and sweaty quickly.

Liquid knit is NOT 100% polyester. Yes it is mostly polyester however it is not as heavy as a typical polyester knit as in a pair of dress slacks. I love that it doesn't wrinkle and the colors stay as bright as the day the item arrived even after being washed countless times.
Respected Contributor

Slinky, smooth, nothing even close to fleece (I hate fleece). It looks nice, wash/wear is great. I never dry mine, hang to dry. The only I have liquid knit, that is hot is the layered/tied top. It really isn't that hot,(just heavy, due to the layers.)

Esteemed Contributor

I find it to be a dense poly spandex that doesn't breathe. For me, it's good for winter layering & that's it!

Trusted Contributor

I have some and to me it feels like thin polyester. I don't like to wear it in the summer, but for fall/winter it's good.

Trusted Contributor

The material is polyester & spandex. I have a lot of Liquid Knit and love it, i wash and hang to dry. Easy care, easy wear.