New Contributor

I recently purchased your liquid knit dress with banded split elbow sleeve item A230705. One in blue and one in black. What should I wear underneath? I'm not sure if it is see through. A slip or maybe the skimmy? I haven't worn a dress in years. And I am wearing a one piece undergarment to hold in the tummy. Time is getting near to wear the dress. Can anyone help me out who has this dress. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Liquid knit dress A230705

Here is your dress.

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Regular Dress w/ Banded Split Elbow Sleeves

I don't own it, so I don't know about the see through factor. Until the other ladies weigh in, maybe you could try it on with your regular undergarments and have someone take a picture of you. Then you can see if anything is showing through.

Super Contributor

A few years ago I bought a couple of slips that are made to wear under knits. I never wear an unlined dress or skirt w/o wearing a slip. Garment hangs so much better with a slip.

Check The Gap ... saw some online.

Super Contributor

I own this dress and it's not ""see through"". I haven't worn a slip in more than 30 years. I just wear the basic undergarments with this.

Honored Contributor

LK is very thin fabric - not see through but clingy - so I always would wear a slip under it. Otherwise the skirt will cling to your legs instead of draping down and that would not be a flattering look.I ALWAYS wear a slip with any knit dress.

I wonder what some ladies have against wearing a slip. It makes a dress drape over the hips and thighs in a much more flattering way.

Also, since this is a polyester dress it would be wise to either wash with fabric softener or spray with static guard before wearing.

New Contributor

Thank you ladies for taking the time to answer my question. I feel better knowing that someone has worn this dress without a slip. I might look for one specially made for knits as was mentioned. I just don't want it to cling. Scarey because I can't remember the last time I wore a dress.

Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Arlene Marie said:

Thank you ladies for taking the time to answer my question. I feel better knowing that someone has worn this dress without a slip. I might look for one specially made for knits as was mentioned. I just don't want it to cling. Scarey because I can't remember the last time I wore a dress.

Arlene, just have to disagree with another poster who said liquid knit is "clingy". It's not. It falls very nicely just skimming the body. No cling at all.

New Contributor

Thank you Happy Housewife. I will definately take your advice about the stitic guard. And I agree with you on a slip. I just have to find the right one that doesn't cling.

Frequent Contributor

I have this dress in the blue. It is not see though at all. I wear the jockey skimmies slipshorts with this dress. In fact, I wear the skimmie slipshorts with most of my skirts and dresses. They are the best. This dress is also so nice and sorry I didn't purchase it in black also.