Super Contributor

Advance Orders for Two or Three Months Away? Explain This....

I noticed recently two different items shown were listed online as being advance orders due in the late fall, one being listed as November even. Now my question is simply why in the world would anyone order a top this early and hope that it comes in by October or November? I'm serious, especially since one of the tops seemed more appropriate for now into very early September. I just can't see waiting that long for any top whether SG or someone else. But maybe I'm the rare bird so to speak Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Advance Orders for Two or Three Months Away? Explain This....

Advance orders for clothing? I can't see doing that either.

Advance orders for makeup/skincare always has a date that it will ship.

Super Contributor

I've only seen A/O for jewelry, which makes more sense. A top?

Frequent Contributor

My personal thoughts about ANY Advance Orders, is that QVC doesn't have to pre-stock or order things into inventory and maybe not sell them all - and maybe have to discount them with clearance, later, if they don't sell.

By selling with ADVANCE orders - they can ORDER only what people want or order. They don't have to worry about getting rid of unwanted merchandise. I can easily see this happening more and more. I can remember a time, when they didn't permit this type of sale.

If they are ADVANCE selling clothing - then that must mean, the manufacturer can guarantee it will be made by that date - just like some of the Jewelry coming from Italy in the Bronze format.

I suspect this could also be a test - to see how the customers react. If customers are Advance ordering jewelry items, maybe they will wait for clothing items too? Personally I'm not keen with the idea.

Respected Contributor

Probably just testing the idea to see how well it goes over. My personal experience with advance ordering anything has been to cancel because I decided I did not really want it that much. If it is something I need, I buy it locally.

Esteemed Contributor

Which tops from SG were advance order? Could you please provide item numbers? I have not seen this done for clothing.....
Valued Contributor

I've seen many critical posts about not doing advance orders and waiting several months for items, although most of those concerned jewelry. I have no problem waiting for anything I decide to order in advance; I rather like the concept of delayed gratification.
Esteemed Contributor

Now that is funny! Never heard of advanced orders for her clothing line or any other. That is ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Now that is funny! Never heard of advanced orders for her clothing line or any other. That is ridiculous.

I never have and I usually catch her shows, I haven't seen them advanced order online either.

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 echoscream said:

My personal thoughts about ANY Advance Orders, is that QVC doesn't have to pre-stock or order things into inventory and maybe not sell them all - and maybe have to discount them with clearance, later, if they don't sell.

By selling with ADVANCE orders - they can ORDER only what people want or order. They don't have to worry about getting rid of unwanted merchandise. I can easily see this happening more and more. I can remember a time, when they didn't permit this type of sale.

If they are ADVANCE selling clothing - then that must mean, the manufacturer can guarantee it will be made by that date - just like some of the Jewelry coming from Italy in the Bronze format.

I suspect this could also be a test - to see how the customers react. If customers are Advance ordering jewelry items, maybe they will wait for clothing items too? Personally I'm not keen with the idea.

My explanation is much simpler....they have a cash flow problem. I bet half the orders are canceled before the ship date. People want instant gratification; I know I don't want to wait.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment