Occasional Contributor

Rude or Overexcited.....not sure?

I am always shocked that SG talks over the host non stop.......I was taught that it's rude to do so. The host generally introduce the item and go through colors.....not with SG! Out the gate she goes on and on about how it's her favorite garment and what the "women" on social media are asking for......

Valued Contributor

Re: Rude or Overexcited.....not sure?

Being a year or two older than SG, I am not sure whether I envy her enthusiasm, or want to tell her to take a pill. I guess her hyperactivity has done well for her. She aint' lazy, I will give her that. She does seem like a good soul. I wish she could bottle and send me some energy!

Honored Contributor

I think you are thinking too hard. Just look at the clothes. Seriously.

Honored Contributor

She must be doing something right. Her line is quite popular!

Honored Contributor

On 7/17/2014 domenica1 said:

Being a year or two older than SG, I am not sure whether I envy her enthusiasm, or want to tell her to take a pill. I guess her hyperactivity has done well for her. She aint' lazy, I will give her that. She does seem like a good soul. I wish she could bottle and send me some energy!

I agree, well said.
Esteemed Contributor

I have stopped looking at her shows and if interested, I look online!! In the past, I called CS when she is entirely too over the top and was told that I was the third person that hour who called to complain!! If she would just let the hosts get through colors and styles before she starts in her spiel...

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 firstladyjan said: I am always shocked that SG talks over the host non stop.......I was taught that it's rude to do so. The host generally introduce the item and go through colors.....not with SG! Out the gate she goes on and on about how it's her favorite garment and what the ""women"" on social media are asking for......

By now - you shouldn't be shocked. Susan is who she is. If that shocks you ... perhaps you would be wise to do a product review after her show when you don't have to listen.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Susan just the way she is.

I watched Susan for a few minutes just the other night. I don't know the host's name who was with her. It was a younger, dark haired lady who I haven't seen much of before, and she managed to do quite a bit of talking herself with seemingly no effort. It was definitely not all Susan as far as I could tell.

I have no problems with Susan. I usually tend to shop more online than from TV, I will admit, but I just was passing by QVC the other night and saw her on, so I decided to watch a couple of minutes just to see if Susan talked over the host.

IMO, at least in this instance, she did not.

I really do not understand why this bothers so many people, but everyone sees things their own way, I guess.

Respected Contributor

I always thought of Susan as being an highly emotional person; hence the reason for showing so much excitement. This is indeed a personality trait and I don't know how you change that.

Frequent Contributor

I remember Susan's first show, I think it was with Kathy Levine. She was so nervous, she hardly said a word. Now 20 years later, she won't be quiet. She has been at the Q for 20 years, she knows that there are things that the host needs to say, colors, sizes, fabric composition, washing instructions. So she should be quiet while the host gets out the pertinent information, then she can talk. I think she should show some courtesy to the host.