S G PLEASE MORE STYLISH AND LESS OLD LADY

I really want to try S G clothing I just can't , there is just not enough flare to it, I don't want high trend but class and interest like European, Lisa R clothing has that flare, but I wish she had your finishing touches and details, I think a combination would be great, she tends to run small and yours seems to cover like a tent , I buy more clothing from HSN, they allow the designers to have more fun
Honored Contributor

Re: S G PLEASE MORE STYLISH AND LESS OLD LADY

I am a young 59....I have several of her things that I like...but I would agree some of the prints are way to bold, loud and colorful for me which sometime relates to an older look.

Respected Contributor

I am totally puzzled as to why you think SG clothing is "Old Lady". I know dozens of them and not one of them would be caught dead in SG's clothing. Especially those hideous prints. I buy her pants sometimes, but I've been buying them for more than 20 years, because they're the only ones that fit my short frame and don't need hemming , and are reasonably well made. . . But the fabrics are yuck! I wear them as everyday stuff. And the prices are ridiculous these days.

Get off the Old Lady kick. It ain't necessarily so!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, but do we have to do the "old lady" thing AGAIN? I'm so tired of people insinuating or outright saying that "old ladies" buy these lines of clothing that apparently aren't "good enough" for everyone else. Every designer has good things and bad things, and if you pick and choose carefully, you can find some very nice Susan Graver styles that are up to date. Just like Bob Mackie, or Denim & Co, or Linea, etc., there are some that look "matronly". But why insinuate that the "old ladies' buy the matronly stuff? Some of Lisa Rinna's clothing looks more like "tents" and baggy and sloppier than a lot of SG's-JMO. And some of LOGO-we won't even go there!

I don't know if you're a new poster or not (people here are always accusing new posters of being former posters with a new nic). But this has been run into the ground. I'm what most would probably consider an "old lady", and I'd like to know what you consider "old lady" style. I wear good looking jeans, jean jackets, and boots a lot in the winter, capris and wedge sandals in the summer, etc., no one will ever catch me in a pair of "baggy britches" and an oversize shirt that looks like a tent! But I do have a lot of SG's fashions - I'm just very picky about what I buy. She does have some very nice, up-to-date things that look good on everyone.

QVC appeals to a great variety of people, but their demographics don't tend toward those who want the absolute latest fads and trends, no matter how gosh-awful some of THOSE look. There are designs that are supposed to be the "latest thing" out there, and I wouldn't be caught dead in some of them.

So just watch or go on-line, and you can find some SG things that are just as fashionable as anything out there. She also has a line of "Essentials" that everyone can use..look at the "Garment Measurements" - I'm finding that I have to size down one size lately to get the best fit.

Super Contributor

I guess you found a great place to shop at HSN. Never watch that station.

Nice of you to tell us what you like ... but I really don't care what anyone else buys/likes or how they dress.

Trusted Contributor

If you want great fabric & stylish clothing, your not going to find them on QVC. Sign up on Neiman Marcus Last Call, Lord & Taylor, Kate Spade & Nordstroms. There you will find "true style and fashion" that are high end, beautiful fabric and quality. When they have sales they are amazing. I recently bought a sleeveless black & white color block dress from Lord & Taylor that sold for $250 but they were having sales and I got it for $59. I have purchased numerous $500 Kate Spade dress for $120. Not to mention the numerous GORGEOUS Kate Spade handbags & wallets I get (when they are having one of their sales) for significantly less then what QVC charges for lesser quality merchandise. In addition, I have also purchased amazing things from Neiman Marcus Last Call for $49. Sign up on the websites and their Facebook pages. You pay more money for low end apparel at QVC (not to mention the ridiculous S&H) then you would in the high end stores where your getting the finest quality merchandise. I only use QVC's fashions to supplement what I purchase from the high end stores. Some of QVC's lines i.e. LCNY, Isaac, Linea & Denim & Co have some great things to bring on vacation when going to the beach, for use when I work out and to wear with a pair of jeans when I want to be super casual. I buy my Orthaheels from QVC but never anything else when it comes to footwear or handbags. The majority of QVC's footwear is frumpy, in my opinion. Nothing I would care to wear plus you can get most of them $40 cheaper (with no shipping or tax) if you shop on shoe buy.com, online shoes.com and several others.

Valued Contributor

It's so hard to find exactly what we are looking for on a shopping channel. I like a lot of SG's fashions, but certainly not all. I'm in my forties ( not an old lady yet-lol). Hopefully, one day I will be (God willing)!

I was at a yacht club last night, with people (not me) who own lots of (footage of boatage){#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I wore my SG peasant top and I felt so pretty in it. Sometimes she designs a hit, sometimes a miss. Guess we need to open our horizons.

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Beejene said:

If you want great fabric & stylish clothing, your not going to find them on QVC. Sign up on Neiman Marcus Last Call, Lord & Taylor, Kate Spade & Nordstroms. There you will find "true style and fashion" that are high end, beautiful fabric and quality. When they have sales they are amazing. I recently bought a sleeveless black & white color block dress from Lord & Taylor that sold for $250 but they were having sales and I got it for $59. I have purchased numerous $500 Kate Spade dress for $120. Not to mention the numerous GORGEOUS Kate Spade handbags & wallets I get (when they are having one of their sales) for significantly less then what QVC charges for lesser quality merchandise. In addition, I have also purchased amazing things from Neiman Marcus Last Call for $49. Sign up on the websites and their Facebook pages. You pay more money for low end apparel at QVC (not to mention the ridiculous S&H) then you would in the high end stores where your getting the finest quality merchandise. I only use QVC's fashions to supplement what I purchase from the high end stores. Some of QVC's lines i.e. LCNY, Isaac, Linea & Denim & Co have some great things to bring on vacation when going to the beach, for use when I work out and to wear with a pair of jeans when I want to be super casual. I buy my Orthaheels from QVC but never anything else when it comes to footwear or handbags. The majority of QVC's footwear is frumpy, in my opinion. Nothing I would care to wear plus you can get most of them $40 cheaper (with no shipping or tax) if you shop on shoe buy.com, online shoes.com and several others.

This is how I shop too.The Q's not geared to stylish or wellmade clothes w good variety of fabric imho & I think their sizing & fit is too unpredictable too.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to ask...why are you so set on trying SG's clothing if you don't like any of it? She has hundreds of designs, have you bothered to look at them all? I don't think she's going to change her styles based on what one person wants...although I do think lately she's been going in the wrong direction with both a lot of her designs and her prints and embellishments - they're getting too crazy for me. But, I still watch out for the nice pieces she brings from time to time.

So why so set on trying hers when there is so much else out there? (BeeJene made sure we know about all the "high end true style and fashion" stuff you can get.)

Honored Contributor

The obvious disdain toward older people by younger people is so apparent when statements like this are made. This doesn't deserve an answer.