New Contributor

I like some of SG clothes - some not. I think her prices are ridiculous. Not long ago

she a really beautiful tank top it was around $40.00. Plan on adding another $10.00 for

shipping and handling and the top is $50.00.

I find a lot of her clothes have increased in price. I guess she gets it and thus they

will continue to climb.

Regular Contributor

I agree with you the prices are way too high. Even with Denim company, a pullover shirt will be possibly $28 at the lowest plus shipping and handling that's crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the items are priced too high- but when is shipping $10?

Esteemed Contributor

The shipping by itself is not $10. I have an SG top coming which was $44. Add to that the shipping and handling. The tax plus shipping and handling increased it to $54. I've just started automatically estimating $8 to $10 to be added to the promoted item cost.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Her tops are less expensive than other places I shop, and S&H is less than taxi fare.

Esteemed Contributor

Shipping & handling is a fact of retail. If you go to brick & mortar those who have to drive to regional malls use gas; those who drive to metro city shopping areas such as those in Chicago to shop can pay up to $20 to park for 2-hours; those who get to shopping destinations by public transit are not paying less than $5, and must deal with buses and trains. All things considered paying s&h to have something come to your door isn't so bad. It's naive to believe that those merchants who proudly announce "free s&h" haven't factored that into the item price. It's like when the grocer says the peppers are 10 for $10 instead of just selling them for $1. Free shipping is a marketing hook to make you not notice that the item prices are usually marked up a few dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

Her clothing items are not worth any price of admission. I would not stand to close to the BBQ while wearing them either. Just a heads up!

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/8/2014 Kathleen said:

Her tops are less expensive than other places I shop, and S&H is less than taxi fare.

Is that so? In that case I rather take the taxi!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor
On 7/8/2014 Kathleen said:

ITA! I have washed her items so many times, and they come out looking new every time. Cost per wear is exceptional with Susan Graver pieces.

Taxi fare has gone through the roof! I paid over $40 (one way) to go from Penn to the Financial District. I had to carry too much to take the metro. At this time of year it is so hot down there, I feel like I'm going to pass out-ugh!

Honored Contributor

The good news for those of us who like Susan is that millions of us are still buying her products at the prices asked.

Besides, if what she sells is so bad, why complain about the prices? Would it suddenly become better style for you if it were priced less? I don't think so. When I read these complaints, I just assume the posters wish the prices were less so they could feel comfortable buying. That makes sense - Susan offers lots of really wearable items.