Valued Contributor

What is an Image Director and why does Susan Graver need one?

Just wondering if I missed a meaningful explanation of that role - other than facebooking for her of course.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is an Image Director and why does Susan Graver need one?

I think all fashion vendors have someone in this position when they have a show on QVC. They help to style the models, among other tasks.
Valued Contributor

I think that job title sounds very professional. To me, it sounds better than "stylist."
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/3/2014 StuffyBug said: I think that job title sounds very professional. To me, it sounds better than "stylist."
I agree.
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's someone off camera telling Susan how to hold the garment up in front of her or how to stand and where to place her hands when she's not holding the garment in front of her. She's always doing that I notice.....

Super Contributor

I was thinking it might be more than just a stylist. Perhaps an Image Director would handle aspects of overall brand management?

Regular Contributor

Now days, when you come out of college you better have a name for what you do....or you will be unemployed.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I was thinking it might be more than just a stylist. Perhaps an Image Director would handle aspects of overall brand management?

You are probably right, Colonel Meow.
Esteemed Contributor

Most people in a position like Susan have an "image" as in how they want to be seen and perceived by the public and customers. I don't remember the exact things they've said, but I got the impression that it's keeping Susan's "image" what she wants it to be - how her image is projected to the public. Marilyn also does some of the styling of the models, which could be considered part of the Susan Graver "image". Which I guess is another way of saying "brand management", as Colonel Meow said.

Super Contributor

Apparently - it's a public relations position. That's why she's on air and online.