Contributor

I'm petite and feeling neglected

I seriously hope Susan reads these posts. I was watching her hour this morning while she was presenting her heavy liquid knit printed pants and was disappointed again that she failed to offer them in a petite length. With her regular length I could literally pull them up under my arm-pits. I am 5'1" and with the cost of the garment and the s&h, I can't be running to the tailor. Almost just feel like forgetting the brand altogether because it seems like she's done just that with us petites. Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm petite and feeling neglected

There are lots of companies that do petites well (Talbot's, Coldwater Creek, Loft). Land's End (depending on the style of the pant) will also hem to your desired inseam for free. It might be time to shop around.

Contributor

Yeah, I do get your point, but since I am a QVC customer (and I know I'm not the only petite one out there) I would like to give them the chance to address my concern and hopefully correct this problem before I am forced to tune them out and go elsewhere be it another channel or the old brick and mortar stores.

Honored Contributor

It isn't the designer it is the buyers or Q that just isn't offering petites and it is more than the length of the inseam to petite clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I am 5'3" and cannot wear any of QVC's long sleeve garments, nor can I wear their pants. Although some pants come in petites, the tops are another story. The 3/4 sleeve tops are OK for my arms but those 29"-30" lengths are totally wrong or me. I do wish QVC would pay more attention to those of us who are a little shorter, and a little taller, than average. Susan Graver has so many garments yet those of us who are petite have severely limited choices.
Regular Contributor

I haven't ordered any clothes from qvc yet but I do understand your pain. I'm your height and end up walking on my pant legs a lot. There was a nice pair of running-yoga type pants I wanted to buy in a sports store. They were on sale for a great price. They were a size small and I would have had to wear the waist around my head for the length to be OK! Ds19 is 5'6 and same thing with him. I guess companies don't realize that not all men are tall!
Trusted Contributor

I used to be petite. Now I'm just short. Sob. At 5'0", I consider 5'3" tall.

And this is the main reason I don't shop at qvc, or really don't shop much at all anywhere. My money is only for good for buying cosmetics and jewelry. Sigh.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

As another poster said, it's the Q, not Susan Graver that makes these decisions. Years ago, a caller brought it up and she said she would like to but couldn't. Then another time she said it was coming soon. Once in a blue moon, she does a petite and I would swear that it was a regular size, just shorter. I have a lot of Susan's clothes from back in the day that were true petites. On fashion day, there would even be a petite hour. Guess it cost qcv too much to make them.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I can't believe it wouldn't be worth while for QVC to make true petite sizes since there seem to be so many of us women under 5ft4 out there. I know women who are 5ft 6 and have to have their pants hemmed and I have never had my taller friends tell me their rise was too short. A petite show would be heaven, I enjoyed the SG TSV last week with Tracey the petite model. That girl really showed those tall models how it was done!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, geez, you should be tall! Everyone forgets about women who need tall inseams! Guess you're just left out if you're not what's considered "regular."{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink