Not applicable

How to get the wrinkles out of Liquid knit

I have two of Susan's liquid knit cardigans and they are so wrinkled. I have washed them twice and dried them in the dryer. I have hung them wet, and also ironed them and they still look like I have slept in them. Can someone help me figure out how to get the wrinkles out so I can wear them?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Re: How to get the wrinkles out of Liquid knit

I have hand-held little steamer that I got from HSN several years ago. Love it. I use that steam to take out wrinkles of my LOGO tops and cardigans from LINEA, etc.

Super Contributor

That's so odd! I have lots of liquid knit and travel with it rolled up and never had a problem with it holding wrinkles. When I unroll, I hang it and any packing wrinkles disappear after a short time.

Honored Contributor

This is a very good question. I've been forced to return some liquid knit for this very reason. I cannot stand what seems to be permanent creases in this fabric - how DOES this happen in a simple fold (the garment) and sending it to us??!!

Sorry - I wish I had the secret to this phenom.

Honored Contributor

Hmm.... The two tops I haveg only wrinkle like that if I leave them in the dryer too long. If I remove and hang them right when the buzzer goes off or remove them before the buzzer when they're a little damp (not wet), they don't wrinkle.

Super Contributor

I think that one person calls wrinkles is not what another person calls wrinkles. I have a daughter who swears her liquid knit never wrinkles. Mine does.

I was at her house one day and asked her how she was going to get the wrinkles out of her liquid knit before she wore it. She said that it was not wrinkled. I held it up to the light, and there were lots of wrinkles in it. She commented that those don't count as wrinkles because nobody can see them since they aren't holding the fabric up to the light. I told her that I could see the wrinkles in her liquid knit when she was in a bright room. She told me that I was always picky about my clothing being ironed so well. We just agreed to disagree.

I use a little steamer on my liquid knit.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Frequent Contributor

I also use My Little Steamer from the other shopping channel. It takes wrinkles out of everything. Also, I usually do not dry my liquid knit in the dryer. I hang up my clothes, and then depending on the weather, they dry quickly and wrinkle free. I also do this for Denim & Co. and Essentials by Citiknits, etc.

When I order new clothing, sometimes they arrived slightly wrinkled. I steam it once, and then I usually never have to steam it again.

Regular Contributor

Some of my liquid knit has arrived with creasing from being packaged. The worst were the tiered tops. I thought I would never get these creases out. It's not normal wrinkling. I washed them, double dosed with Downy liquid fabric softener, hung them wet from spin cycle, hung them dripping wet, steamed them, finally I ironed them very carefully with an old sheet as a pressing cloth to prevent the sheen some poly fabrics will get when ironed. I never fought so hard to get a brand new article of clothing in a wearable condition. I have not ordered any more liquid knit for this reason. I really would like to try those printed Capri pants but I am reluctant, I don't want to go through all that again. Prior to the tiered tops I did not have this problem and I do not have problems with any liquid knit needing to be pressed at all.
Valued Contributor

I have lots of liquid knit. I have not found that it wrinkles. Have had no problem. I always wash it and hang it to dry. I don't put it in the dryer. If I did find a wrinkle I would probably steam it.

New Contributor

I have also used a little steamer on the liquid knit with good results, and find once the wrinkles are out they don't come back! I think mine are mostly caused by the mailman cramming these packages into my little mailbox. Once they sit like that all day, esp in hot weather, they are pretty wrinkled. The ones delivered by UPS seem to fare better!