Valued Contributor

Items getting more expensive and s/h is ridiculous

I watched a few minutes of SG show tonight. ( Sunday night ) I thought the scoop neck striped tee shirt and vest she wore were quite attractive. I checked online and was shocked to see both items would cost me probably $90.00. $ 39.95 I think for a basic tee shirt?? She mentioned ladies have been asking for all cotton so she made it. I checked and that tee shirt was 5 % spandex which to me isn't the same as all cotton. Anyone else find QVC's s/h is becoming more $$?

Honored Contributor

Re: Items getting more expensive and s/h is ridiculous

You are not alone. Business must be good for the Q that some these vendors are over pricing their clothes that do not offer top quality fabrics. And, I wish SG would put a sock in it. That lady is non stop about her over priced clothes.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I think to ship something to me is far more cheaper then me driving all over town looking for the item I want. I would use a lot of gas and look at the cost of one gallon of gas. I would use more then one gallon of gas driving all over the place shopping.

If I had to drive (using gas) to buy the item and driving back home it would cost me even more.

Also I guess I would have to fly to China to buy almost everything I wanted. And that would cost me even more in cost.

Oh yeah, I am very pleased to have QVC ship the item for around $5-$6.

Cost me less.

Also I bought that stripped Tee. It will go nice with something I love wearing.

Trusted Contributor

All of her items are way over priced for what they are! Even her clearance prices are too high for them. Every other print is an animal or gaudy floral print! The Q's shipping is way, way out of line! You can do much better on almost any other site you choose, than Susan Graver from the Q. You'll look better, too!

Occasional Contributor

First of all I don't believe Susan is at fault w/prices! QVC seems to be raising her prices more & more every yr. I love her clothes & have had to control myself from buying, because of the high prices & S/H. I shopped at HSN this past week, and they seem to give the viewers more breaks w/prices & a lot of free S/H! I bought about 5 items and and maybe spent a little over $100. And free S/H.... I think QVC needs to wake up & smell the coffee with their prices etc. and it isn't only SG's prices, there are many other items that are so ridiculously high priced, I really don't know how someone can afford them, unless they have a lot of money! At times it seems they will give ez pay to some items that are not that expensive, while higher priced items, you don't get offered that much! HSN seems to offer almost every item on flex-pay. I may be doing a lot more shopping there, they seem to be a little more reasonable w/prices. I don't know how many other woman feel the same way!
Super Contributor

The price of everything has gone up. I wear Victoria's Secret Yoga Pants. They use to be $29.00, on sale 2/$50......they are now $34.50 on sale 2/$55 and thinner than they use to be, plus their shipping is outrageous as well! $30 - $40 for a good t-shirt is pretty normal. Go some place offering "free shipping" and things are even more expensive, because S&H is not free!
Super Contributor

Oh, and HSN clothes are the worst, unless you like slinky, cheap out of shape clothes! As for HSN name brand clothes......I'd rather shop Nordstrom!
Super Contributor

Shop elsewhere. Just got 3 tops from macys.com. Had a one day sale, combined shipping. The whole thing came to about $55. I have a real issue with QVC not combining shipping on similiar items or items from the same brand. $ 6 for each item can take on a life of its own.

Regular Contributor

On 1/29/2014 PKB said: The price of everything has gone up. I wear Victoria's Secret Yoga Pants. They use to be $29.00, on sale 2/$50......they are now $34.50 on sale 2/$55 and thinner than they use to be, plus their shipping is outrageous as well! $30 - $40 for a good t-shirt is pretty normal. Go some place offering "free shipping" and things are even more expensive, because S&H is not free!

My friend and I were just discussing this issue the other day. EVERYTHING is much costlier these days, including food. She and I like to purchase jewelry but, of course, no longer can afford gold. But, the prices on silver are way overboard, too. So, we're not buying.

Occasional Contributor

I have bought many clothing items from HSN, and they were not cheaply made clothes! In my last post I didn't mention what I had bought for the amt. given, but they are much more flexible w/most of their pricing... One day last week it was all free S/H, plus they also do where if you buy many products in the same family, you are given a break! When I buy something from QVC, I always have to pay at least another $10.00, of course it also depends what part of the country you live! It is just getting frustrating buying from QVC.. It seems lately to be few & far between that you get a great deal on this network! I have shopped with them from the very beginning, even b4 they became QVC, but lately their prices are a little out of line!