Frequent Contributor

Super Saturday... What was so Super about it?

I don't get it, not impressed, were any of you?

Super Contributor

Re: Super Saturday... What was so Super about it?

The products aren't impressive, but the pricing is--steep discounts. And, 80% of sales goes to Ovarian Cancer Research.

Contributor

I think the ""Super"" part of today was the fact that the merchandise was all donated and proceeds go to fund ovarion cancer research. I think it's a wonderful thing.
Honored Contributor

I LOVE it. I have never actually had a loved one suffer from ovarian cancer, but more than enough of my relatives have had breast cancer. I think it's a great day for a great cause.

Today was special though - the FIRST TIME I actually got anything! I ordered the Alex & Ani gold bracelets and the Isaac messenger bag in dark blue.

It was a win-win day!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a couple of cosmetic items that I was interested in trying but other than that I thought the offerings were sparse. I'm very surprised that they didn't have more to offer but I did check on the ""Super Saturday in the Hamptons"" website and they had lots and lots of high end designers contributing with stations ""at the event"" itself which is probably why they didn't offer anything to QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Beejene said:

I purchased a couple of cosmetic items that I was interested in trying but other than that I thought the offerings were sparse. I'm very surprised that they didn't have more to offer but I did check on the ""Super Saturday in the Hamptons"" website and they had lots and lots of high end designers contributing with stations ""at the event"" itself which is probably why they didn't offer anything to QVC.

The QVC remote broadcast is just a small part of the actual fundraiser.

Respected Contributor

On 7/26/2014 terrier3 said:

I LOVE it. I have never actually had a loved one suffer from ovarian cancer, but more than enough of my relatives have had breast cancer. I think it's a great day for a great cause.

Today was special though - the FIRST TIME I actually got anything! I ordered the Alex & Ani gold bracelets and the Isaac messenger bag in dark blue.

It was a win-win day!

You did great, Terrier! I tried for the bracelets, but they were gone in a quick second.

Honored Contributor

On 7/26/2014 LyndaGee said:
On 7/26/2014 terrier3 said:

It was a win-win day!

You did great, Terrier! I tried for the bracelets, but they were gone in a quick second.

I went online at 2 PM sharp. I had been typing in Alex & Ani for about 10 minutes...at EXACTLY 2PM the items came up!

I was kind of surprised they started with the bracelets...I thought they would wait a while...but they probably would have sold out online with no time for a presentation.

I used to try calling in...that obviously only works for a lucky few!

Respected Contributor

Good for you, Terrier. You had a good system.

I'm still trying. Sometimes, I get as far as the cart before I get hit with the "Sold Out" message.

Super Contributor

The only thing great about is the fundraising aspect. Hopefully, they will find a cure one day. The disease can be is difficult to detect and once diagnosed many are already in their "end stage". I think QVC would be better served by running the show from Pa. They can have two hosts onsite in the Hamptons for remote reports. Some vendors who donated products couldn't even participate because they were at QVC studios. Just doesn't make sense.