Honored Contributor

Your bags say to 'tear at perforation' only there isn't any perforation. It's trial and error before it actually zips open. Awful.

Couldn't you make your return label the same size as the original label (to me) so we could paste one over the other? And you have the smallest receipts I've ever seen with my instructions as to what I want done with my return. Awful.

Esteemed Contributor

I received two orders in the recyclable bags, but they were already being recycled! Usually the bags with the perforation has a silver strip of tape you can take off to reseal the bag and use it to return an item. My two orders were in bags that had already had the silver tape removed and the bag resealed, very sloppily I might add! I had to cut them open with scissors.

They had no other labels on them, so I don't know what is going on with that.

Honored Contributor
It seems that everything the Q does lately is intended to discourage returns by making it more expensive and inconvenient. But HSN, besides still refunding the original shipping charge, gives you 2 pre-printed return labels-- one for prepaid, and the other if you want to return on your own. That makes it so much easier than writing out your own label in order to save money by returning on your own.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

The silver strip has been long gone-haven't seen it for a year. Now you have to tape it yourself but the bag is a mess from trying to get it open!

Yes, HSN is great.

Honored Contributor
I get bags with the silver strip and without. I cut open the ones without. Never could figure out why the return label is so small. I bought some plain labels and put them on top of all labels before applying the return label. Other times, I take a black magic marker and blackout everything. It looks a mess, but it works.
Super Contributor

I turn the packages inside out to return. No labels to remove or cover up.

Honored Contributor

I've never paid attention to any perforation. I always carefully cut open the bag with a scissors, in case I need to use it for a return.

Respected Contributor

If the return label does not cover the original label, turn the bag inside out and use it that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Great idea to turn the bags inside out! I wonder why I never thought of it. 8) I agree they should improve on their bag openings. Come on Q, you can do better for customer convenience. I can't believe you all didn't test try the bags.