Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful to have models of various heights and sizes to get a more accurate picture of a garment. Today I watched a host use a 5'10'' leggy model as an example of the length of a pair of capri pants. She actually said looking at the model, we could see where the pants would hit us on the leg.

Variety, please. Perhaps less returns.

Honored Contributor

I noticed this morning on the SG show they had an average height model who was wearing what looked like a size med. SG acted like the woman was contagious and made some odd comment like oh, she's new. I think the Q is trying to accommodate the customers, I think they do read these threads. SG must hate herself or she would be more sensitive to the average sized woman, let alone petite women. You also have to be pretty arrogant to expect people to buy clothes off the TV that are designed for models.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm of the ilk who's more concerned with variety in programming and product mix than I am in models...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my pet peeves. I really would like to see petite, average and tall models as well as a curvy model when they do fashion. I don't know why they use the air time to ask what size everyone is if they are all in the xxs-s range. REALLY???? No wonder there is confusion on sizing and so many returns.

Contributor
On 4/7/2015 DeePa said:

This is one of my pet peeves. I really would like to see petite, average and tall models as well as a curvy model when they do fashion. I don't know why they use the air time to ask what size everyone is if they are all in the xxs-s range. REALLY???? No wonder there is confusion on sizing and so many returns.

Oh I totally agree. All the models seem to be extra extra small, extra small and very rarely do you get a small. Very rarely, and I can't even think of one time, when there was a medium. The plus size models, when asked what size they wear, say large. Duhhhh. What about us who are 1x, 2x, or even 3x. In addition, I think some of the plus size models who say they wear large, really need to wear a larger size. There are a couple of plus sized models who look like they cannot breathe their clothes are so tight. I am sorry, but that is how it comes across my TV. One more pet peeve: when they are presenting a new top, please don't have a bunch of junk cluttering up the top, for instance those scarves that wrap around their neck like they have a sore throat, or sweaters/jackets that cover the sleeves so you can't really see what the blouse looks like. By the way, can you tell that I don't care for those scarves. ;-)
Valued Contributor

If Susan didn't babble so much she would know who the models are and know what is going on around her. Also, I think her mother-in-law was the brains.

Contributor

Yes, are they afraid to put a 3X model on the show. Guess they are too fat to look good in the clothes they sell. I've never seen anyone over a 1X and they are usually tall...5 foot 8. Why not put a chubby, round person who is 5 foot 5 on so we can see what the clothes look like. Too many companies only use size 14 models as their "big girls"....There are more people bigger than a 14 who shop at QVC. Lets get real. Seems like the big girl 3X sizes go faster than anything. But they continue to show X-small or XX small. If you go on QVC clearance just about everything left over is X-small or XX small so that tell you they aren't buying that size as much as bigger sized girls---women where there is seldom any "clearance"

Trusted Contributor
I've always wondered about this too. It is definitely true that clothes look better on skinny models. Clothes look the most ideal on hangers, and that's why runway models are so skinny (this is not a guess, it's a known fact in the fashion business). You'd think that the models on QVC would represent the sizes that are sold in the highest quantities. Considering the enormous amount of sales, it would make sense that their would be more diversity in their body types.
Valued Contributor

They have some seriously severe looking models, really doesnt inspire me to buy.