New Contributor

Please Stop!

Trusted Contributor
Say What?
Honored Contributor

I'm sure Albany doesn't even know she says that ridiculous phrase since she's such a fast talker. Any way, you better get used to it cause she isn't going to change.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Albany. I like when she says that. Does that bother you?

Honored Contributor
I don't think the hosts are allowed to say "Oh my God" or "Oh my Goodness", because it might offend some people. As alternatives, I've heard hosts say "Oh my word" or "Oh my gosh". The "Oh my stars and garters" bit is unique to Albany, and must be a regional expression from the south, where she was raised.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

I am from the northeast/mid-Atlantic, and I get a kick out of Albany's regional expressions. She was talking about a "full set up" today. That means a whole meal in the south...when we go down south we try all the unique foods. I tried fried okra, and I thought it was great. Hey, if I want a bagel or a slice of pizza, I can get it around the corner. It's fun to learn about different cultures.

Super Contributor

oh, HOLD PLEASE, if you knew how many have asked this you wouldn't believe it they have to be aware of it. It comes off so phony, and condescending.

Respected Contributor

Albany also says "For crying in a bucket" I have never heard that one. I usually say For crying out loud.

I love all of her sayings, wish she would use more.Smile

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

MtnBikeGirl - Learning about culture from another area is great. However, listening to Albany's "isms" is another. They aren't cute or funny - just annoying. I live in the South and have never heard the phrases she uses. Glad you liked the fried okra - have you tried the fried pickles, fried oreos or fried butter sticks?

Valued Contributor
{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}On 3/29/2015 riley1 said:

MtnBikeGirl - Learning about culture from another area is great. However, listening to Albany's "isms" is another. They aren't cute or funny - just annoying. I live in the South and have never heard the phrases she uses. Glad you liked the fried okra - have you tried the fried pickles, fried oreos or fried butter sticks?

Well, if a Southern Girl says she hasn't heard of these expressions...that changes things doesn't it? riley1, thanks for letting us know that. I have tried fried pickles-so good! I have yet to try fried Oreos, but I'm pretty sure I would LOVE them! Is fried butter sticks such a thing, or are you teasing me? LOL! I can't even imagine that!!