New Contributor

QVC owes customers an apology for shipping charges

I have been a customer for over 20 years. I never quite got why every major retailer ( Amazon, zappos, target, Macy's, etc etc) can charge free shipping for items over a certain $$ amount but QVC can't. There is all this hype about reduced shipping on certain items, but to offset that, they took away the discount for multiple items being shipped to the same address and now for anything ordered after 2/17, they are taking away the original shipping reimbursement for returns. It has be considered a defect to be reimbursed. Probably 25% of reviews for clothing talk about inconsistency in the sizing. I have experienced it myself ......is that a defect?? Figure this out QVC......if other retailers can, you can! In the meantime, please don't try and pull the wool over our eyes. That's a really rude way to treat customers.
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC owes customers an apology for shipping charges

Amen. Let's show our displeasure by not opening our wallets.

Honored Contributor

There have been many threads about this new shipping policy since the reality of it has sunk in. It has gotten a rousing thumbs-down. I think the powers-that-be will realize that it was a mistake after enough of us start voting with our wallets.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It could be that other retailers don't rely on shipping charges to generate profit as much as QVC seems to. Let's face it, their selling prices are rarely a bargain and shipping has never been and still isn't a bargain. Their overhead related to the costs of mounting a 24/7 TV operation must be a huge monkey on their back and shipping has been used as a way to generate revenue. Frankly, as bad as the programming and mix of products have become, you sometimes have to wonder if it's worth it... You also have to wonder how HSN and Evine manage to turn a profit and still to offer more reasonable shipping costs and customer incentives. It seems as though QVC is just not doing something right and they badly need to figure out what it is and fix it before it all comes crashing down. The new shipping policy was more of less the last straw for me. I'll still shop here, but not nearly as freely or as often as in years past. I suspect others feel the same way and if they don't already, I'd wager that some of them will once they catch on to what the 'reduced' shipping really means.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I would consider inconsistency in sizing a defect. Bought 4 pairs of jeans, same item #, different colors. Washed denim swallowed me it was so big, regular denim fit fine, black was tight and khaki would not go over my knees.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

People have been griping about QVC's s/h charges forever. QVC finally does something about it--starts a new policy that seems to be good, but that will actually bring in more money for QVC (because of returns).

The answer is to shop elsewhere. (I won't--I'm willing to pay to have things mailed to me.)

Honored Contributor

I always price shop. For the vast majority of what Q sells, I can find it for less money at other online retailers.... with promo codes, free shipping and, usually, free returns. People are crazy if they don't compare to other online retailers.

I recently bought a specific Keurig coffeemaker from Q because I really like it and because it's outdated and not sold at most other places...online or B&M.

Clarks and other shoes can be found at other sites for a lot less money. I just bought 2 pair from another retailer at 30% off with free shipping and free returns. Why would I pay full price plus shipping at Q?

Even Dooney's website offers promo codes on occasion. A local (chain) dept store is offering 25% off all Dooneys, Coach, Brahmin and other bags this week too.

I even found another online retailer who sells excellent quality 10k, 14k, and 18k jewelry for a whole lot less per gram than Q. Occasionally, Q offers a piece of jewelry that I can't find elsewhere and I'll buy it from Q. In fact, I bought a piece on easy pay day this week. It boggles my mind that EG and Q (with it's supposed buying power) sell gold for so much per gram when others can sell it for less.

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer order from QVC unless I'm certain I'll keep it. That means not taking a chance on a new line of clothing or jewelry and generally waiting for reviews before buying even from lines I'm familiar with. All that totals up to a whopping two items purchased since January.

I recently wanted a pair of Sole Society shoes, a brand I've not tried so I don't know my size. Rather than order from QVC and have to pay all outbound and all return shipping I bought from Nordstrom. The exact same retail price and totally free shipping both ways. Not a difficult decision to shop elsewhere.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I always price shop. For the vast majority of what Q sells, I can find it for less money at other online retailers.... with promo codes, free shipping and, usually, free returns. People are crazy if they don't compare to other online retailers.

I recently bought a specific Keurig coffeemaker from Q because I really like it and because it's outdated and not sold at most other places...online or B&M.

Clarks and other shoes can be found at other sites for a lot less money. I just bought 2 pair from another retailer at 30% off with free shipping and free returns. Why would I pay full price plus shipping at Q?

Even Dooney's website offers promo codes on occasion. A local (chain) dept store is offering 25% off all Dooneys, Coach, Brahmin and other bags this week too.

I even found another online retailer who sells excellent quality 10k, 14k, and 18k jewelry for a whole lot less per gram than Q. Occasionally, Q offers a piece of jewelry that I can't find elsewhere and I'll buy it from Q. In fact, I bought a piece on easy pay day this week. It boggles my mind that EG and Q (with it's supposed buying power) sell gold for so much per gram when others can sell it for less.

I, too, comparison shop. If I see a cookbook being presented that I want, I can get it cheaper at Barnes and Noble online with free shipping. And zulily.com has the exact same Bliss anti-gravity chairs for $20+ cheaper than QVC. I rarely shop at QVC (or watch for that matter) as the quality and value are not there too much these days.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

I've noticed that many items with 3 dollar shipping had a 3 dollar increase in price. We are not stupid. Not all of us!