Trusted Contributor
Webmaster, please come out from behind the curtain and address some of the issues that have made these forums extremely unfriendly and unpleasant. Posters are being accused by other posters as being bullies because they may say something unflattering about a host. If these types of posts are against the rules or if you feel that these comments are so hurtful to the hosts and their families, you should be the one to step in and either say something or delete the post. Yet you sit back and let others argue and make unkind accusations about each other for their posts. Step up and monitor these boards like you are getting paid to do and stop letting posters do your job. You should let posters know that if you feel that a particular post is causing pain to a host and her family, you will be the one to handle it according to your moral and ethical compass....and to the terms of service .
Honored Contributor

Re: Webmaster, please read this

Personally, I think the less monitored the boards, the better...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

OP, are you kidding ??

This is a message board and we are all (theoretically) age 18 or older ... personally, if the grown ups can't sort things out among themselves without a monitor jumping in every 5 minutes, then some people probably shouldn't be on here.

JMO. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

More censoring??? Give me a break. I don't think the monitor is here to stop negative posts, and those who attack negative opinions ARE bullies.

Honored Contributor

If they start censoring all negative comments on these boards, what's next? Then they'll eliminate all negative product reviews... We're all being honest here, and everyone's entitled to their opinion. Sometimes a little constructive criticism is a good thing!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

I think you are all missing my point. I'm not asking for more censoring by the webmaster, I'm asking him/her to either let us say what we want without deleting posts when some holier than thou poster doesn't like something we say or just get rid of the thread if it's so awful. I'm sick of some of us being deleted for expressing an opinion. You should let the Holier than thou posters know that it's a free forum and as long as we meet the terms of service, anything goes!
Respected Contributor

K9, I understand completely what you are saying. There are some that think their opinion is the only right one and the rest of us should be gone. They keep making remarks and stomping their feet until an entire thread is deleted because of their immaturity.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I get what OP is saying. There is a difference between constructive criticism opinions and out and out nasty. There are some who seem to not know the difference and when you see their nic you know it's going to be a nasty and often hateful post!! They seem to live for and enjoy starting those types of posts that serve no purpose except to start a controversy over nothing! There is also a way to word an "opinion" so as not to be offensive. Such as stating "while it's really so and so's personal choice, I really thought her hair didn't compliment her features very well" instead of stating - "so and so's hair was a mess and QVC needs to instruct her on how to wear her hair or she should be fired!!! While I don't understand the need to even comment on such things, there is nothing offensive about it if it's just an opinion stated nicely. Nastiness and posting such nonsense about hosts, vendors and models is definitely against posting policy. It's all in the wording but tactful wording would not get the response and attention these posters crave.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen posts called "nasty" that really weren't that bad. There's a group here--many posting at same time--that seem to think their role in life is board police telling others to mind their manners or they question one's upbringing. It's getting old, and I think something should be done about it. In their righteous attempts, they're the ones who come across as bullies, yet webbie just sits back and selectively poofs.
Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 K9buddy said: I think you are all missing my point. I'm not asking for more censoring by the webmaster, I'm asking him/her to either let us say what we want without deleting posts when some holier than thou poster doesn't like something we say or just get rid of the thread if it's so awful. I'm sick of some of us being deleted for expressing an opinion. You should let the Holier than thou posters know that it's a free forum and as long as we meet the terms of service, anything goes!

I'm glad you clarified because I thought you were asking for more.

I get what you're saying. Some posters get their panties in a bunch if you disagree with them. They take it as an insult or bullying when it was just another opinion. I don't get why people are like that but I can't let it bother me.

On the flip side, this is a private website and Q can do anything it wants. There is no censorship here since it's a private site. Webbies likely don't have degrees in psychology and I'll bet they don't get paid enough to address the crazies on in these forums. It's easier for Q to just delete than to deal with adults who are acting like junior high school students.