Occasional Contributor

How many times must see the TSV during the course of the 24 hour period per product? I don't need a half of an hour during each show to show me the same item over and over again. It never used to be this bad but now they even interject the TSV when it seems like it doesn't "fit" the programming on air for that particular hour. Example: In the Kitchen With David and the top value "snow blower". Please stop shoving the TSV down our throats.

Trusted Contributor

As hard as it is to believe, QVC exists to sell items and make money -- not entertain us. If they are pushing an item with a high profit margin, and they are selling tens of thousands of them over he course of the day, do you honestly expect them to stop featuring items because you are bored?

People forget that QVC is a retailer -- it is not an entertainment channel. It relies of sales rather than Nielson ratings. As long as people are buying, they will continue to show the items.

Yes, I know it gets boring, but most people do not spend hours on end watching QVC anymore. People check it during commercials or while flipping channels. It is the attention of these people QVC must win with their TVs -- not people who leave QVC on in the background for company or to alleviate boredom.

While I know some may accuse me of being a QVC cheerleader, I am not. QVC has many issues, but I recognize QVC for what it is -- a retailer. It is nothing more, and the problem that many posters have is they expect it to be more -- to be different. It is not. QVC is not our friend. It is not our family. It is no different from any other retailer.

Esteemed Contributor

I sure would like to know how each Host feels about spending an hour selling the TSV...it has to be exhausting for them and the Vendor trying to keep it interesting and keep the viewer watching....

Take the different mattresses....there is only so much one can say about it....then they repeat and repeat the same stuff over and over the entire hour...see what I mean...how draining that has to be...

I use to keep the Q. on all the time...24/7....it was for background noise and sometimes I would sit down and watch.....its been a long long time since I have done that...it is so boring....I barely tune in any more....

Respected Contributor

Logically, the goal of QVC is to sell--not entertain!