Contributor

Too much infomercial type programming!

This has been bugging me a lot on the Q and has gotten much worse lately. A whole hour dedicated to one item - usually a quite boring item like a hair removal product, vacuum cleaner, Vitamix, etc. - higher priced items. This is repeated ad nauseam throughout the day. I work at home & had the Q on mute to keep me company but I refuse to watch this programming. Must be working for them but certainly not for me. Please - more diverse & fresh programming! You're losing my business.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Too much infomercial type programming!

As long as QVC continues to sell tens of thousands of these higer=priced items during these extended shows, I do not see them changing. They are here to sell and make money which is their priority. Entertaining people -- particularly those who just keep the channel muted in the background to relieve boredom -- is not really their major concern.

While I, and many others, do agree that more diversity would be great, I do accept that QVC is ultimately a business and not there to entertain me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 KYToby said:

As long as QVC continues to sell tens of thousands of these higer=priced items during these extended shows, I do not see them changing. They are here to sell and make money which is their priority. Entertaining people -- particularly those who just keep the channel muted in the background to relieve boredom -- is not really their major concern.

While I, and many others, do agree that more diversity would be great, I do accept that QVC is ultimately a business and not there to entertain me.

I agree it is-- and always was-- about their bottom line. And if they wind up alienating many long-time customers with their boring, "infomercial" programming, so be it!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

If you haven't noticed it yet, QVC is now a Timeshare with its members like Dyson, Vitamix, etc., all sharing the air time. It would be nice of them to section off their broadcast schedule between the paid programming and the live telecasts so that viewers can tune in to those ever shrinking live broadcasts and still enjoy the old QVC. Boo hoo.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Plus, I look on the "bright" side - with lots of what I consider to be boring programming, I am saving money because I am not tempted to buy. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Regardless of the programming, I have been watching less and less of QVC and other shopping channels. I still check online for deals on items I may be interested in.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP -- too much infomercial time. That equals fewer purchases from me!
Esteemed Contributor

It was cold and miserable on Sunday so I thought I'd watch a bit of Q. There was a stand mixer as the TSV.

Turned to the Q, showing the mixer. Changed channels, came back a hour later, showing the mixer. Went out, came back a few hours later, showing the mixer. Turned on TV before going to bed...you guessed it. Showing the mixer.

All told they must have devoted at least 1/2 of the day's programming to a single item.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I also agree. I don't even turn the TV to QVC on week-ends any longer. It's beyond tedious. The week days are not much better. They get on a product and just run it into the ground. The choice of products is very limited to a few now. I do better to use my Prime, buy on Amazon and get free, fast shipping.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They are all, HSN and QVC beginning to sound like carnival barkers. Get it now while supply lasts. Only one per state to go around. You won't find this any where else. The price goes away at midnight. Buy it, try it.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

And as long as they continue down their primrose path, hopefully, (unless things change), to retail oblivion... there will exist what appears to be an increasing group of customers coming onto these boards to express their discontent... A cadre of those same customers will ultimately become tired of the status quo and will move on, and so, at the same time QVC might be selling lots of blenders, computers and vacuums, they'll also be losing potential customers and the accompanying sales that might have been associated with them, both in the short term and in the longer term... It increasingly seems as though QVC doesn't give much thought to that longer term and odds are this choice will ultimately come back to bite them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...