Respected Contributor

click here - garment measurements

where have they gone? the lack of them holds me back from ordering. i don't have time or money for returning garments because i can't figure out fit. when you had consistent sizing it wasn't an issue - but that is in the past. thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: click here - garment measurements

I totally agree.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

It's really odd... I just looked at a random sampling of pieces from a lot of the major clothing lines and the click here measurements are there. However, when I went into the items shown on AM Style yesterday, some of them are not there but one or two are.

I find that very confusing and strange... if they're starting to take that feature away when an item is presented, it will be a long time before they get my money again, maybe never. That's the only halfway reliable measurement we have, and even then a lot of the time it's wrong. But better something than nothing.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor

It seems to be missing from the newer items. Maybe there is a new person loading the new items. I don't order if there are no measurements. Can't rely on ordering the size you always order.
Honored Contributor

This is so true....I used to purchase a few clothes from QVC, but with the inconsistency in sizing, and no measurements along with their ever increasing prices and shipping I do better locally at Dillards or Macys......

Jane Brown may have won in her crusade for no measurements, but a lot of customers have stopped buying too.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

The "Click Here" measurements are absolutely critical in obtaining anything close to a correct fit when buying from QVC. Those of us who are Linea purchasers have found this to be particularly true, as the Linea line is not standard to the "Q fit". Without them, there will be returns, which is bad for the vendor, whose reorder of pieces is based on the rate of returns, & bad for we the consumers because with the new s/h pricing, we don't get that back unless an item is defective. This is an issue worth fighting for, & the only way to do it is either stop buying - which is impossible to enforce - or bombard corporate with our objections. Use that feedback button in the top right hand corner of this screen, or call CS & complain until we get those measurements back. We're already organizing on the Linea Forum. Others may want to do likewise. TPTB will only respond if there are enough of us pushing.

Esteemed Contributor

Need for not only online measurements that are easy to access but also if a clothing line does not follow the norm or the standard we need to know that also. Not all sizes are the same from one line to another.

And lots of chit chat, lots of talking when items are presented. So obviously they are not having time problems. Why not spend some of that 'dead space' with measurements. The original price of shipping is not refunded, NOW, so you can only imagine how that will discourage sales if the items just don't fit. One NO FIT too many and sales will drop off. That is common sense. And you can only imagine the calls to the sales reps over measurements. They will be kept busy with long holds for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

No measurements on Liz Claiborne today - they missed a sale for a blazer and a tee - no measurements, they don't get my money.

Honored Contributor

I was told that the sizing tab contains all the information needed to purchase a garment. The person I talked to didn't seem to even understand why garment measurements are necessary.

One hand does not know what the other hand is doing most times...

Valued Contributor

I wrote to Customer Service concerning this matter last week....perhaps if enough customers complain, our request might be heeded.