Frequent Contributor

Dear QVC,

Thank you for the jewelry today. There are several pieces that I am thinking about Smiley Happy I do have a suggestion for the next event.

Having David Markstein on the air all day has been a bit of a turn off. He travels around the world, in fact he just got back from Italy, he calls in a lot of favors, people chase after him in Italy wanting his business, he negotiates prices...over and over. For me, that does not add to the presentations. Negotiating prices, favors, etc. is his job, so I automatically assume that he does his job to QVC's satisfaction. Perhaps next time he can train the hosts ahead of time on what they need to know, then let the hosts do their job.

Thanks for your consideration!

IITSW

Honored Contributor

I totally agree and well said. This mess of having the buyers rolled out is a relatively new phenomenon and if you've noticed, they've essentially replaced vendors they USED to have... He adds very little to the presentations, in my point of view, and frankly, I find him a turn off.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

He probably would be glad not to spend the day at the Q.....that has to be a very tiring experience....I can take or leave him....his presence doesn't make me purchase if that is why he is on....he seems like a nice guy....

Honored Contributor

I like David and enjoy seeing him on air, if you don't think he adds anything to the presentation he certainly isn't hurting anything. I find him very informative.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies. I just think the programming would be improved if the hosts hosted, the buyers bought, and the vendors...well...vended. Smiley Happy Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, and have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP. David brings nothing to the presentations for me. He doesn't say anything about the products that the hosts can't say themselves. In fact, I find him quite annoying.

Honored Contributor
On 1/24/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

I agree with OP. David brings nothing to the presentations for me. He doesn't say anything about the products that the hosts can't say themselves. In fact, I find him quite annoying.

ITA
Honored Contributor
I see nothing wrong with having him on with the show host. He explains details about how the jewelry is made, in an unobtrusive way. He gives the show host a break from having to carry the whole hours-long show alone.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

I always am happy when he's on. I want to know the background that he shares on each piece that the hosts wouldn't be aware of. He's low key and pleasant - what's the problem??

Honored Contributor

Let's face it, the only reason they roll him out is because it's cheaper than bringing in a vendor like they used to... He's already there. If they want him on-air, obviously it's their call, but a lot less of him would be my choice. As far as 'background' it's always the same... buying power... calling in favors... tweaking the piece... scaling back the price... and on and on... Nothing real personal, he just has very little TV 'presence'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...