Super Contributor

How About Moderators on The Forums At Night?

Lately there have been "trolls" spending hours on the community forums digging up old threads and contributing nonsense (i.e. "testing", "Z" etc) FOR HOURS burying recent threads pages and pages down. No amount of reporting seems to make a difference. It might help if in the reporting we were asked to explain why we are reporting. AND it would help to actually SEE that something was done!

Honored Contributor

Re: How About Moderators on The Forums At Night?

Never tell people where you tie your goat. (you just did)

Respected Contributor

Report them and then put the poster on ignore.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Simply installing better software that spots patterns and puts pending posts into a bucket awaiting moderation would solve the problem.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Post a prayer for them it may put a stop to the insanity. It worked for me, made the whole thread disappear.

This sicko sounds like someone I know on the HSN boards that does the same thing. SICK, SICK, SICK.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Never tell people where you tie your goat. (you just did)

Huh???

Honored Contributor

What do you mean by nonsense, I'm on the boards at night and never see any thing that I think is report or ignore poster worthy.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 baker said:

What do you mean by nonsense, I'm on the boards at night and never see any thing that I think is report or ignore poster worthy.

Oh well, there you go. If you didn't see what was going on in the wee hours of the morning, then it never happened. Case closed. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/21/2015 baker said:

Oh well, there you go. If you didn't see what was going on in the wee hours of the morning, then it never happened. Case closed. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

LOL, I think they posted almost 400 posts. I'm pretty sure they copy and paste one phrase for awhile then changed to another. Maybe 3-4.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

They need to be ignored.

They want attention and that is what they get because posters start 5 and 6 threads bringing the nonsense to everyone's attention. They just feed off this.