Occasional Contributor

Presentation of new Denim and Co colorblock top on PM Style

This is a constructive suggestion concerning the presentation I just saw tonight on PM Style. The first item to come up on the show was a new Denim and Co. colorblock top. The designer, who is usually there on Carolyn's Denim and Co. show was not there tonight. I do not know if that is why the item got such short shrift, but those designers who were present had much more justice done to their clothing. On the models, the tee was covered up by a very full, long Logo cardigan on one, and by a vest on another model. The Q prides itself on differing from a catalog in that viewers can see the garment on a live model, front to back, as she moves. I waited in vain to see these qualities demonstrated by the models. I thought the host might intervene and ask the model to remove the cardigan, but alas, she didn't. While the tee shirt was shown, uncovered, as the host went through the colors, that presentation was frequently interrupted with ads for other companies such as Renee's Women With Control, or Louis del Olio's Linea, both of whose reps were present on the show. I assume this was a decision of the producer or the person who does the styling. I do not fault the host, Sandra, who is actually a personality whom I like very much. So please, if you are featuring a top show it without covering it up by a cardigan. While you have other shows featuring Denim and Co., this kind of presentation was not a wise marketing decision, as you may alienate the Denim and Co. fans who may have tuned into this show. I myself did not purchase this item which I was considering due to too little information.

Another suggestion: Some presentations feature the models sitting for the entire time, where it is impossible to see where the top falls, how it drapes or interacts with various cuts of pants.

Super Contributor

Re: Presentation of new Denim and Co colorblock top on PM Style

the whole show was a disaster sandra was dropping the ball all night

hurry up shawn were losing people over here

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree about the models always wearing something over the tops....if its not a vest or a coat....its scarves or belts....I can't get a good look at the tops with all the accessories...

I have never been a LR fan but I am not sure I like Sandra hosting PM Style....frankly I would have liked to see them rotate hosts every week and not have just one....permanent host...

Valued Contributor

Although I rarely watched,Lisa R. has something in her delivery that will be difficult to replace.Her personality came thru and her sales ability was unequaled.The show needs an overhaul!!

Frequent Contributor

Am I correct that it is being cut back by one hour? Then some new show with Amy and Shawn? won

t be looking forward to that.