Super Contributor

not to point this out yet again but ok I will

selling a plastic stick with 2 rubberbands attatched to either side being hawked by a famous person who is on a first named basis with her plastic surgeon is contrite and insulting qvc get with it we are not blinded by persona

that inferior product was hawked for almost 6 hours yesterday and was a pathetic waste of airtime.

i'm sure the sales numbers will speak volumes but to watch the attempts to make that product look remotely like it will work long term was hysterical it's 2015 we know what we want and need to do if we choose

Trusted Contributor

Re: body gym fitness ?? REALLY

I disagree. While I think the OP and I have similar opinions on the product, I do not see it as insulting or contrite in any way.

QVC is a retailer, and it is here to sell items and make money. If people are gullible and wish to purchase such items, why would QVC not sell it? QVC is here to fulfill people's wants and desires -- not necessarily their needs or force educated decisions.

So, I cannot blame QVC at all for selling this item, and I think the item itself says less about QVC thab those who are purchasing it.

Contributor

I don't think Marie Osmond would attach her name to a product if she didn't believe it worked. And she is very passionate about fitness and being the best she can be for her age. I am the same age as Marie, and don't look half as good, but that's okay too. I do however wish they would make the bands on the Body Gym without latex, for those of us who are allergic to it. I know there are other latex alternatives that could be used.

Honored Contributor

People will buy that junk because MO is selling it and then complain that it's not what they expected.

Esteemed Contributor

MO's product may not be health club equipment, but it can serve a good purpose at a low price. Many people can use this as a kick start and for many people who are unable to do vigorous work outs, some compelled to a chair, it's an exercise even they can do. Any little helpful way to better health is a good thing.

Do I think Marie got in shape with that little thing. No, I would imagine Marie Osmond has a personal trainer come to her home daily, along with a paid nutritionist.

Super Contributor

it's great to hear all the different responses to my post thanks for taking the time to read it and comment i see a point in all the comments and the sales numbers will eventually speak for themselves,

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 bonbonjovi said:

I don't think Marie Osmond would attach her name to a product if she didn't believe it worked. And she is very passionate about fitness and being the best she can be for her age. I am the same age as Marie, and don't look half as good, but that's okay too. I do however wish they would make the bands on the Body Gym without latex, for those of us who are allergic to it. I know there are other latex alternatives that could be used.

That's all the famous do....put your name on it and collect a paycheck. Just because a famous person's name is there doesn't make it quality or worth the money.

Super Contributor

the hour long presentation of that stick was just insulting anyone who truly wants fitness would be in despair if they banked on that device qvc pull it and the wrinkle pillow as well these two products could be in the insult hall of fame

Regular Contributor

Remember that Marie is an actress - read the script and make people believe. She does nothing for me. She can hawk Nutrisystem and whatever else and collect her paycheck. It will be interesting to see how long she lasts with any product.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Peoplearenuts said:

Remember that Marie is an actress - read the script and make people believe. She does nothing for me. She can hawk Nutrisystem and whatever else and collect her paycheck. It will be interesting to see how long she lasts with any product.

here here sister they are grasping bottom when they air this stick it.s like a comedy skit on tv