Respected Contributor

Instead of free shipping, how about reduced shipping?

Hello. SmileHaven't posted a suggestion in awhile, so here goes.

Instead of free shipping how about reduced shipping? That way, QVC can still charge shipping, but people may still be able to afford it? Just a friendly suggestion.

No snark please, KYToby. Not telling QVC how to run their business and such. Just a friendly suggestion that they're free to look into or just ignore. Yes, I know I'm merely one small customer in a sea of many, yes, I know that people have been asking for free/reduced shipping for years, so why would QVC all of a sudden listen to me and yes, I do indeed know how to change the channel and watch something else.........unless Nick Chavez and/or Alberti Popaj is on. That's a whole 'nother ballgame. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Instead of free shipping, how about reduced shipping?

I enjoyed when they had the three dollar shipping for a while...and if you bought two of the same item....they even reduced that three dollars to one dollar fifty cents....that was great...I bought a lot during that time...wish it was like that all of the time....

Honored Contributor

If you will read the Q quarterly report to shareholders when it comes out, you will see why they won't do what you suggest. They depend heavily on revenue from S & H to increase their profit margin. They make a lot of money on it and could keep them from operating in the red.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}Unfortunately, I would not hold my breath for that one. That would be very nice and would show good faith to the customers who order from QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello. SmileHaven't posted a suggestion in awhile, so here goes.

Instead of free shipping how about reduced shipping? That way, QVC can still charge shipping, but people may still be able to afford it? Just a friendly suggestion.

No snark please, KYToby. Not telling QVC how to run their business and such. Just a friendly suggestion that they're free to look into or just ignore. Yes, I know I'm merely one small customer in a sea of many, yes, I know that people have been asking for free/reduced shipping for years, so why would QVC all of a sudden listen to me and yes, I do indeed know how to change the channel and watch something else.........unless Nick Chavez and/or Alberti Popaj is on. That's a whole 'nother ballgame. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Strange to mention another poster, in an OP. JMO.

Super Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said: If you will read the Q quarterly report to shareholders when it comes out, you will see why they won't do what you suggest. They depend heavily on revenue from S & H to increase their profit margin. They make a lot of money on it and could keep them from operating in the red.

That's it. You have the answer. Can't be said any plainer. Now we know why QVC doesn't adjust their s/h. Thanks, Kachina.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/4/2015 circles said:

I enjoyed when they had the three dollar shipping for a while...and if you bought two of the same item....they even reduced that three dollars to one dollar fifty cents....that was great...I bought a lot during that time...wish it was like that all of the time....

I ordered quite a bit when they did the $3 shipping, too.
Honored Contributor

How about free shipping on the TSV? I would definitely like to see all TSVs come with FREE shipping.

Honored Contributor

How about ANY customer incentive flying out the door from West Chester! The only retailer I know that essentially offers none...

Yes, TSV's should always have EP and always have free or reduced shipping. Given they're rarely special and rarely values, it wouldn't break the bank and frankly, I still wouldn't buy the vast majority of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you on this one. And we all know and have known for years that QVC makes a profit on S/H and would take a hit to the bottom line. The extreme shipping charges make it easy to abandon a cart or use this as a showroom and buy elsewhere. They certainly know all of this and I'm betting someone in West Chester is trying to work this out. No company, especially an industry leader such as QVC, wants to lag behind their competitors.

Meanwhile, while I'd prefer free shipping, I'd be happy with reduced shipping, free shipping after a certain dollar amount or an option like Amazon Prime.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat