Contributor

Why can't Q do things like IT did?

Got 2 makeup orders today. One from QVC and the other was ordered from IT Cosmetics web site. The following is a comparison: As an IT Cosmetics "Insider", I received an email offering a full size No. 50 serum for FREE ($48 value), with a $35 purchase. And, they always have FREE shipping on orders over $25. The cherry on top is, they don't charge taxes. My order for the No. 50 serum, and CC cream, total was $38-the price of the CC cream. The package arrived quickly, very nicely packaged in a sturdy cardboard box. The products were bundled securely with ample bubble wrap and the 2 individual items were nicely wrapped in monogrammed tissue and sealed with a shiny silver sticker. The inside of the lid of the shipping box was signed," xoxo, Jamie". There was even a little sample foil packet of one of her products. For great products, packaged with care, that would have cost at least $83 plus $12-14 more in S&H and taxes, IT charged me a total of $38. My delivery from QVC was Josie Maran's Argan Milk. That was $49, the S&H was $5.47 and tax of $4.36. It was packaged in a crumpled brown paper bag with a 3" long rip in it. Even the enclosed package slip was crumpled and just jammed in the bag. For a poorly handled $49 item, I was charged nearly $60. Guess where I will be getting my refills?!?! It literally pays to look elsewhere before clicking "submit order" on Q.
Contributor

Re: Why can't Q do things like IT did?

I agree that the shipping policies need change. Shipping costs too much.

Super Contributor

Remember that when IT sells direct the income is all theirs, when any reseller sells an item they must pay the vendor before they take their cut. Personally, I am really tired of people complaining about taxes. If you do not pay taxes on purchases if your state requires them, your state and locality are losing needed income. And yes, there are times I do not pay tax on online orders, but it is not a deciding factor for me.

Honored Contributor

If you've read the Annual Report for QVC, their shipping charges are an actual revenue source.

I think they are way over the top, but for many, the convenience factor overrides the cost.

You're always free to shop elsewhere ..... It's pretty obvious that QVC isn't trying to compete with other online retailers. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I like my products to come nicely presented...makes them seem special and that is part of the reason I ordered them
Honored Contributor

The tax and online retailers vary by State....some states even require tax on shipping...

http://blog.taxjar.com/sales-tax-and-shipping/

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-state-guide-internet-sales-tax-laws.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/12/07/internet-sales-taxes-and-changing-retail-world/03Vs2m3...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”