Valued Contributor

Webmasters, Moderators, Standards

I surely do wish you moderators would check out the standards page and delete some of the lengthy, boring posts that attract a small clique of posters. (It's obvious by their references they know each other, leaving the vast majority of readers out.)

I'm thinking of one person in particular who must have very little to think about or do because her posts are up at least once a week. She's not an official Q blogger so why do you allow allow her photos, non sequiturs, and comments? I riffle through the replies but simply can't read her juvenile posts.

You are so busy looking for PC replies and forbidden words you are overlooking the obvious here.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Webmasters, Moderators, Standards

I do not know to whom you are referring, but I must ask why you read these posts. It is obviously no surprise who is posting, and clearly many people must be interested (as you indicate that many regulars respond).

Why are you under the impression that forums should be moderated solely for your viewing interest and that others posts should be deleted because you feel left out?

Honored Contributor

The reference to a certain poster is too vague, so I can't comment on that. Posting "at least once a week" sounds like minimal posting to me. In general, while we all like to vent now and then or offer our suggestions, if you think people (or posts) are violating the standards it's probably best to report them and/or bypass them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

There are definitely "cliques" on here, I found that out very shortly after I started posting. Once you've been here long enough, you learn who posts with who on a regular basis, who has conversations with each other to the exclusion of anyone else, and you can often tell by who started the thread, who will be posting on it. But that is not going to stop no matter how much you dislike it.

You just have to not let that bother you, and if you see a thread that you can identify the way I have described, you can just ignore it. I've found that it's no use sometimes to even give a differing opinion on some threads because the "regulars" will all jump on you, since they apparently are all of the same opinion, no matter what the subject. So I don't bother. They can have their fun, and I'll post wherever I want. It may be that I will decide to post on some of those threads, but it's done knowing what will happen. And sometimes it can be fun for me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2014 kittymomNC said:

There are definitely "cliques" on here, I found that out very shortly after I started posting. Once you've been here long enough, you learn who posts with who on a regular basis, who has conversations with each other to the exclusion of anyone else, and you can often tell by who started the thread, who will be posting on it. But that is not going to stop no matter how much you dislike it.

You just have to not let that bother you, and if you see a thread that you can identify the way I have described, you can just ignore it. I've found that it's no use sometimes to even give a differing opinion on some threads because the "regulars" will all jump on you, since they apparently are all of the same opinion, no matter what the subject. So I don't bother. They can have their fun, and I'll post wherever I want. It may be that I will decide to post on some of those threads, but it's done knowing what will happen. And sometimes it can be fun for me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Great post, kittymom! There have been a few tight cliques at least since I began reading and posting here. I learned to do what you said, just jump in even if sometimes it feels like I'm posting to myself.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I do agree, there seem to be many whose views never change, many who are more interested in supporting the same opinion and giving thumbs up to the same posters and less interested in listening to opposing views and possibly coming away with new info or a new outlook. My siggy references this.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/29/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 11/29/2014 kittymomNC said:

Great post, kittymom! There have been a few tight cliques at least since I began reading and posting here. I learned to do what you said, just jump in even if sometimes it feels like I'm posting to myself.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I do agree, there seem to be many whose views never change, many who are more interested in supporting the same opinion and giving thumbs up to the same posters and less interested in listening to opposing views and possibly coming away with new info or a new outlook. My siggy references this.

Thanks, dooBdoo! I like your siggy. And sometimes I don't even post a comment, I just let my siggy speak for me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

What is boring to one person is not boring to another.

Why in the world would OP or anyone allow anonymous posts to annoy or bore them? Just move on and the problem is solved.

Super Contributor

""Mom! Mom! Someone's posting and I don't approve of it!""

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Clover29 said:

"Mom! Mom! Someone's posting and I don't approve of it!"

or.....

She touched me, Mom!!!!!

Honored Contributor

She's referring to posts in the Q Did What, specifically the weekend update posts. She posted another rant about them yesterday that mercifully was poofed after only a few minutes... One wonders why it bothers her SO much and why, if they DO bother her so much, she feels compelled to go to them and comment... Honestly, some folks, it seems, just don't seem to get the notion of 'each to their own'. The threads are popular, humorous and yes, used by a coterie of posters to say in touch, just as are countless other threads on countless other forums. Perhaps, given a more genial approach, others might even want to stay in touch with the OP... Moreover, this insistence on judging how much other have to do based on posting here is utter nonsense and frankly, isn't her concern, and also isn't relevant...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...