Regular Contributor

Can we please have one page for sign in.

This new way to sign into the site is terrible. Having to enter your email on one page and a password on another--yet another to use forums is just ridiculous! Why must signing in be harder than our banking sites?

Honored Contributor

Re: Can we please have one page for sign in.

I think the change is toward more security in the sign-in process, just as the switch from 4-digit PIN to a password was. For me, it's far better to take more time to log onto a website than to be faced with the problems that might happen if someone else gains access to my account.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Yes, it definitely is not a hardship as it only takes seconds, and is certainly worth the added security after so many accounts were hacked last year. I won't complain, it doesn't take but a moment. Small price to pay.

Nothing to complain about really. It's for our good.

Respected Contributor

I agree, Gold. Too much signing in.

Honored Contributor

Many retailers and most banks require a 2 page login for security. I like it and don't find it a bother since it is supposed to help protect my information.

Regular Contributor

Not a problem for me for better security. I just hit enter then enter my password. No time at all.

Regular Contributor

On 11/29/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Many retailers and most banks require a 2 page login for security. I like it and don't find it a bother since it is supposed to help protect my information.

I bank with five banks on line and not one of them require more than one sign in page. There is no continue button to take you to another step on any website I shop at except here. It isn't necessary for security to make you continue on to another step to sign in,

Esteemed Contributor

I think its a good thing... No problem for me.

Valued Contributor

Honestly, how long does it take to do two clicks?
This is just silly!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Contributor

Apps require too many times to sign in. Why must I sign in when I just ordered something two seconds ago. I remember missing out on Laura Geller's Book of Jewels because I had to sign in again!