Frequent Contributor

Ok - I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

Do away with the customer live testimonials...seriously, they are cringe-worthy. Every time I hear a caller call in, I immediately mute the conversation. They are so not necessary. I have not once been tempted by a caller's testimonial. I've been a shopper with QVC for 20+ years. It seems like more and more callers are stumbling over their words, there is dead air, or they simply make the host seem quite uncomfortable.

It is so awkward at times to listen to these callers. Just my opinion of course. But had to say something.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ok - I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

My feelings are similar in regards to the calls, and I think many posters here would tend to agree.

I think, though, there exists a segment of viewers who not only like the calls but wish to be featured. A while back, there was one poster who admitted to virtually being in tears because she was unable to get through to speak with a vendor -- after numerous tries. We also here a number of callers who state that they have spoken on air before.

Honored Contributor

I agree and it doesn't make me want to buy anything.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

It is annoying to me the way the callers gush over the host and vendors. I do not watch much of QVC any more but, I did have it in the background while I worked at home and heard one caller say she loved Leah. Give me a break QVC get rid of these callers. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

To me these calls are only for the caller to get their few minutes of "fame" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. As some have said many times it certainly doesn't make me rush to order a product. I feel sorry for some of the callers, they are obviously lonely and ramble on and on until the host has to find a why to politely end the call.....and that's a bit uncomfortable....if the host/vendor have run out of things to say perhaps that means the presentation has gone on long enough--instead of going to the phones....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I've begged and pleaded for so long to please do away with these senseless, useless, embarassing calls! Most are either lonely and sad or drunk and rambling on and on and on. Serves ZERO PURPOSE as well. I'm tired of muting the live callers and now I just turn the channel and leave it.

Respected Contributor

I would say that people who enjoy the calls are in a very tiny minority.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with you and implore the Q to stop the call in testimonies. I just had to turn the channel right now on the Josie Marin show because I could not tolerate the phone calls. I know what I like and I don't care what some other person likes, the people that call in and want to talk are just lonely and I don't know what!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/23/2014 insomniac said:

I would say that people who enjoy the calls are in a very tiny minority.

You mean there are people out there who enjoy these phone calls?.. Oh brother!

Valued Contributor

I agree! If I hear that they are taking a call,I immediately turn off the T.V. I am only interested in the information about the product.I am not interested in the hosts talking about themselves and their lives.This is information you share with friends!