Honored Contributor

Those brown jewelry envelopes need fixing

You know the ones in which you send out the jewelry. The flap used to fold over the end and then be sealed down. Now there is no fold, the two ends are just glued. My last two packages have arrived with large gaps, meaning the glue is coming loose. We have a small town very honest post office, and all items were still inside. Others may not fare so well, this is an open invitation to theft.

Honored Contributor

Re: Those brown jewelry envelopes need fixing

Packaging, overall, has taken a hit. I ordered two of the GILI hobos (one has already been returned and the other is likely to, but I digress...) and both of them were in the usual large Q box with what appeared to be one single strip of haphazardly applied packing tape sealing the length of the box on each side. The first one to arrive was completely open. Anyone could have snagged that bag out of the box without any effort at all. The second was marginally intact. I don't know, maybe they don't care because of insurance and it's cheaper to rely on that than to pay someone competent to package items securely... Although these two items shipped relatively reasonably, maybe lost merchandise is part of why we're being expected to pay high shipping costs, because it certainly isn't the quality of the packaging.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I just got a bracelet that the post office put into a clear ""we are sorry"" bag. That was a first. I guess Mike George really needs that bonus. Sheesh.
Respected Contributor

In my 'hood there's plenty thievery. It's happened three times to me. QVC's been good, but I've been even better to them! Those bags are a leap of faith around here. Now I rely on UPS and George, their best deliverer. Oh yes. Once, one of those bags arrived slit open, top to bottom, and haphazardly taped back up.
Honored Contributor

Maybe if they wouldn't pay their show hosts so much they could afford better packaging.

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem with those big floppy garment bags. Nobody seems to want to steal those!
Occasional Contributor

My last jewelry purchase came with the envelope Open.

Thankful for honest postal workers! My ring and paperwork

intact. I have also had the boxes open with the tape barely

hanging on. The clear packing tape is the best.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP. I just received a beautiful, expensive piece of large jewelry in a box in the standard brown bag, and it had a straight, perfectly edged cut directly across the middle of the package, from one side to the other, looking as if someone had a razor blade and had carefully and slowly sliced it open on one side. I just reached in and took out the box of jewelry, assuming it was empty.

Fortunately, some very honest people handled my package, because the jewelry was in the jewelry bag, but I must admit I was surprised. it should have fallen completely out !!!

I actually wonder why the UPS people didn't at least put a piece of tape over it to deliver or handle it themselves.

I've received many clothing bags that were torn open though.

I do wish QVC would use better packaging.