Super Contributor

Three threads got poofed, coming here

I got knocked off 3x from a VP thread with something that is bothering me. If I get knocked off here, I guess I can email QVC. This is my request. Hosts talking about themselves have reached another level. While I am shopping, it is too sad to hear about a TV personality's personal challenges in life. This is not the arena for this. There are many hotlines and internet groups or even counseling that can help a person, but to be faced with a host's problems while he/she is selling to hard to take on.

It is not fair to the viewer. We all have our own challenges that we are dealing with. I have had so many that I don't share, your hair would curl. I have had difficult things to overcome my whole life, but the point is I do not wear these on my shoulder, I do not put this on someone else to face also.

I come to shop. And have fun. When I go to church, I worship. When I go to funerals, I grieve. When I play with children, I laugh. When with family, I enjoy. There is a place for everything. Hosts talking about hard times has incongruity in the shopping enjoyment.

Super Contributor

Re: Three threads got poofed, coming here

Well said.
Valued Contributor

ITA!
Trusted Contributor

Oh geez -- change the channel. Some people like to hear the details as it allows them to relate to the hosts.

Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 KYToby said:

Oh geez -- change the channel. Some people like to hear the details as it allows them to relate to the hosts.

I don't want to change the channel (why do people always say that?). I want to shop. This is a suggestion box from me to QVC isn't it? BTW others feel the same way.

Valued Contributor

I don't know anyone who has a need to relate to any TV shopping show host. In my world, we have real family & friends where we share the good as well as the sad times. Don't need or have an interest to know anything personal re the life of a shopping show sales associate.
Respected Contributor

Gee if you want to shop and everyone gets on your nerves so bad go and do it on line. Everything is all explained to you there. And since your all so complaining just which shopping channel do the hosts not discuss their lives??????

Super Contributor

Did I mention any host? No. I am talking about the policy of letting hosts spill their issues into the camera and onto us while we are trying to shop which should be pleasurable.
Super Contributor

Very well said and very true. Sadly, money is the bottom line, and if putting their personal story out there might evoke someone's sympathy and make a sale, certain hosts are more than willing to do so. To me, it comes across as desperate and manipulative. It's sad that some people might succumb to these tactics.
Honored Contributor

I totally agree with the OP. I have no desire to "relate" to the hosts on a personal level. I'm sorry they have trials and tribulations in their lives, but I see no need to repeatedly air those to the viewers. If unable to deal with their personal grief, they should take time off and possibly get some help. It's out there! You can get professional help. The viewers can't help you.