Super Contributor

sum of us would love to have spel chk. back again. we need the hep. some yell at us for not speling corect. it's a nasty thing. wood ease our minds. plz hep us

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} You made me laugh, misspammie! Thank you. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

You are hoot...

Respected Contributor

I am beging for an apostrophe ck a run on sentance ck a sentence structure ck punctuation ck as wel as a speling ck.

BUT we always have the inteligent ones' out ther that luv to corekt us. I gues it makes' them feel good to belittle other""s

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Granted, the spell check isn't what it was, but the current software does underline theoretically misspelled words in red... Yes, it misses some and highlights others that aren't incorrect, and some of the suggestions are ridiculous, but it's not so bad... On the other hand, those who want software to essentially write your posts for you might want to consider crafting your remarks in Word and running the spelling and grammar checks before copying and pasting them here...

Just a thought...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 10/19/2014 stevieb said:

Granted, the spell check isn't what it was, but the current software does underline theoretically misspelled words in red... Yes, it misses some and highlights others that aren't incorrect, and some of the suggestions are ridiculous, but it's not so bad... On the other hand, those who want software to essentially write your posts for you might want to consider crafting your remarks in Word and running the spelling and grammar checks before copying and pasting them here...

Just a thought...

Wink

Another thought would be for people to not be so critical of posters that make mistakes.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

The various browsers have spell check included, and I have a feeling that's the reason it was removed as a forum feature.

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 10/19/2014 golfcartrider said:

Just a thought...

Wink

Another thought would be for people to not be so critical of posters that make mistakes.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Certainly a concept... Personally, I tend to let the little things go most of the time, unless the same poster seems to make frequent errors. Even then, I tend to look the other way, as I make errors myself. Of course, if I find the gist of the comment annoying or it's a poster whose comments I often find vexing, well then, all bets are off...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 10/19/2014 golfcartrider said:

Just a thought...

Wink

Certainly a concept... Personally, I tend to let the little things go most of the time, unless the same poster seems to make frequent errors. Even then, I tend to look the other way, as I make errors myself. Of course, if I find the gist of the comment annoying or it's a poster whose comments I often find vexing, well then, all bets are off...

I can live with that.Smile

Don't worry, be Happy!