Trusted Contributor

If you could change QVC what would you do?

I think what I miss most about QVC is the wonderful ability they had in the past to find new and/or up and coming designers, manufacturers, inventors, etc. and bring those items to us at better than market prices (the V in QVC was for value and it was true back then) – precisely because they were unknown yet good at what they do. Those trying to launch their products gained a huge advantage in the massive exposure and the on-air host being able to present the product-specific features and benefits of the item. QVC was known to be a source of a wide variety of good items you could not always find elsewhere. The customers were able to purchase a good value and many of us delighted in getting an unusual item because people often asked “where did you get that?” That drove new customer or added business back to QVC and the cycle continued successfully for many years. What happened? It was truly a winning combination for all.

I learned so much about new items – each presentation was an education more than a sales pitch. Because of that fact I would often watch QVC for hours rather than regular TV programming. It was amazing how many things I never knew I needed until I learned all they could do for me. The sourcing of the many creative items wasn’t all because of the RV tour that crossed the country for a few years in search of creative new products, QVC also had very innovative buyers who sourced well and put together a great and varied assortment of items. I would look forward each year to some reappearing – like the 4 Denim & Company T-shirts that came with a tote bag, or Quacker Factory’s short sleeved embroidered (not sequined) cardigans for summer, or Joan River’s next lorgnette or Bee pin - just to name a few.

It was a winning business approach and helped to build QVC into the successful company it has become. I wish they would give it a try again rather than focusing on so many big name vendors that are available at the local department store without having to wait for it or pay exorbitant shipping. I wish they would edit themselves and pick only the best products in a category to present – how many pressure cookers does one network need…just find the best product and let us know why it is the best.

What changes do you wish QVC would make?

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Re: If you could change QVC what would you do?

More variety of products and programming, less lengthy presentations (particularly of the same handful of things), fewer day long events and what might as well be day long events that include five and six hours of the same thing, less focus on computers/vacuums'blenders, etc., more gemstone jewelry and home decor options (and no, I don't mean more throws and varieties of 'illuminated' kitsch or Poo-Pourri), fewer hours in that kitchen especially with the same old products, a far better and more diverse array of Christmas fare, less frantic hosts, and fewer on-air references to social media would do for starters.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Not applicable

I would ask them to fix their quality control for their return process. I ordered a Pursonic S400--a TOOTHBRUSH. A HYGIENE ITEM. And it arrived used. That's disgusting, and probably a violation of applicable health codes. I'll think twice before I order anything else hygiene related, whether's that's undergarments, makeup, or a personal care item.

BEWARE--QVC quality control on returns is NOT WORKING.

Respected Contributor

More variety of both hosts, vendors and products, more free shipping and coupons for the customers.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I'd change their jewelry....and hire a new gold buyer. First, Q talks about 14k being a steal at $100/gram. Not true. Lots of other retailers sell it for less. Second, their gold jewelry inventory stinks. They can keep some inexpensive pieces but I'd start buying mid-range pieces, between the cheap chintzy stuff they buy now and Arte d'Oro. Third, I'd work on quality.

They can keep their bronzo and resin but sell it for what it is, costume. Don't brag about it being the big trend in Italy when friends from Italy say otherwise.

Honored Contributor

With the internet it's surely harder to find new products to air that are not already being sold elsewhere! Before the internet, most products aired were new and it was so exciting to see them aired. Nothing product wise as I watch when there is something I like but usually just go online to see new items added which for me takes less time and I can do this at my convenience! One thing about tracking could change though as I often get items that are still showing processing and then 2 times it finally showed sent but the sent date was 3 days after receiving the items!

Super Contributor

50% = fashion

50% = other merchandise

No more ALL DAY events!

Valued Contributor

Advise the hosts to act professional and please,please,more variety!

Regular Contributor

I would bring back Gabriella T. sweaters, Precious Fibers, Isaac and Shawn for 2 hours, have pants that fit mature ladies. As we mature our waist get's larger and I can't wear pants that are tight in the waist. There are thousands of others like me and I'm not a big lady, weight just shifts as we grow older. I find the flat front elastic back fit well but the ones with elastic all around are to tight. Don't forget us ladies who built your business. 50% or more of us are still out here. It may be too late but give it a try. Tired of vacuum cleaners, computers, tablets, expensive sheets that wear no better than the ones I get elsewhere on line for half the price.I would love to see 100% cotton weighty percale sheets. They do make them.

Shipping will have to go or be half of what it is now. When Q has a sale do as the stores do. Not $10.00 off but 40 to 50 %! I know the markup!

I miss the Q I used to know but no longer shop fo these and other reasons.

Valued Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Stardust2 said:

I would bring back Gabriella T. sweaters, Precious Fibers, Isaac and Shawn for 2 hours, have pants that fit mature ladies. As we mature our waist get's larger and I can't wear pants that are tight in the waist. There are thousands of others like me and I'm not a big lady, weight just shifts as we grow older. I find the flat front elastic back fit well but the ones with elastic all around are to tight. Don't forget us ladies who built your business. 50% or more of us are still out here. It may be too late but give it a try. Tired of vacuum cleaners, computers, tablets, expensive sheets that wear no better than the ones I get elsewhere on line for half the price.I would love to see 100% cotton weighty percale sheets. They do make them.

Shipping will have to go or be half of what it is now. When Q has a sale do as the stores do. Not $10.00 off but 40 to 50 %! I know the markup!

I miss the Q I used to know but no longer shop fo these and other reasons.

I agree with the sales part, their Columbus Day Sale was a joke. $5 off items for the most part. Big Whoop.

Also tired of computers, mattresses, Philosophy, D&B (sorry D&B fans), WEN, vacuums, electronics in general, over-priced food. And many items can be found cheaper elsewhere, such as cookbooks. I can get them for 20% off and free shipping at Barnes and Noble online. Tired of lack of variety and beating an item to death with multiple hours of airing (6 hours of Bose??).

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call