Valued Contributor

Is there a way to stay signed in?

I get tired of having to plug in my user name and pass word so many times. Isn't there a way to stay signed in on a private computer?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a way to stay signed in?

After turning on my computer in the morning, I sign in to QVC forums with my password and I'm good for the rest of the day, even if I leave the website or close the page and then return. Doesn't that work for you? May have to adjust your settings then.

Super Contributor

I sign in on the forums and stay signed in until I reboot. That means days or weeks without having to sign in again.

I do have to sign in every time I look at my wish list or order status. I know those parts of the website are not connected to the forums. I don't understand why the wish list is so ""secure"" or ""secret"" that it has to be signed into every time.

Honored Contributor

Hi, cinebee!

I think you're talking about not wanting to type your user ID and password every time you want to log in? If that's the case, look at your settings/preferences in your browser. You can set it to remember passwords for sites.

hth!Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 Clover29 said:

I sign in on the forums and stay signed in until I reboot. That means days or weeks without having to sign in again.

I do have to sign in every time I look at my wish list or order status. I know those parts of the website are not connected to the forums. I don't understand why the wish list is so "secure" or "secret" that it has to be signed into every time.

Hi, Clover29! The shopping area is separate from the Community, and it's linked to your personal and financial info stored on the site so it has different security settings, a higher level of protection for the users.

(eta: Never know if anyone is interested in technical details, but the shopping site uses "Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure." You'll notice when you sign in there, the URL is preceded with "https" rather than the "http" preceding the URL for the Community. The "s" on the end is important when you're looking at security and data encryption.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

dooBdo, I'd read before about telling of this signing in 'line' vs. forums and I so appreciated it. I'm NOT patient, and when I'd switch and had to sign in again it made me angry. thanks to you I know now. (others said change browsers,,,,,,,yea I know that). anyway thanks again dooB

Esteemed Contributor

I sign in with my pin number and e-mail and I am on until I decide to sign out. No problems.