Esteemed Contributor

How about changing the schedule up for the holiday programming? it seems as if Q always puts a toy show of some sort at 6 a.m. I only have a few minutes to watch before I get on the road and I would be more interested in decor than in toys.

Super Contributor

Are you forgetting those of us who work the graveyard shift or who have children and can't shop when they are awake ? Everything can't be on just for you, there are thee shifts of working people they have to cover.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, not forgetting anyone, just saying that Q could cycle their programming a bit better to suit everyone's needs. There is no reason why toy shows always have to be at the same time every holiday schedule.

Quite honestly more and more there is less and less reason for me to watch QVC and today was a fine example. I got up, saw a toy show, changed the channel. After checking the program guide for when I'll be back home, I don't see much reason to watch any of the other shows either so I probably won't.

And guess what, it's not all about "you" either, HopeQ.

Trusted Contributor

The website is available at any time for our shopping convenience, so swhy even be concerned with the broadcast schedule?

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/7/2014 GinaV24 said:

Nope, not forgetting anyone, just saying that Q could cycle their programming a bit better to suit everyone's needs. There is no reason why toy shows always have to be at the same time every holiday schedule.

Quite honestly more and more there is less and less reason for me to watch QVC and today was a fine example. I got up, saw a toy show, changed the channel. After checking the program guide for when I'll be back home, I don't see much reason to watch any of the other shows either so I probably won't.

I understand your frustration, in wanting to catch a show that interests you, every now and then, during that early morning time slot.

On a slightly different topic, Jim Shore's shows are always in the middle of the night. Surely there is a logical to QVC reason for this, but what on Earth would be wrong with switching things up every now and then!

Super Contributor

You can look at the program guide on the homepage days in advance. Then you won't be caught "the day of" with such disappointment. And as stated, you can shop on line 24/7.

You really can't expect all of your favorite shows to be on exactly when you want them, the viewership is too broad, in too many time zones.

Have you tried catching the parallel shows on QVC Plus? They are not the same shows that are running on QVC . It may be the same theme on a theme day, but not a duplicate of the same shows. It offers variety for everyone.

GinaV24,there is absolutely no reason to be rude to a total stranger. Why don't you eat something sweet to improve your mood ?

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/7/2014 hopeQ1 said:

Are you forgetting those of us who work the graveyard shift or who have children and can't shop when they are awake ? Everything can't be on just for you, there are thee shifts of working people they have to cover.

Dear Hope, speaking of being rude to a total stranger - re-read your own first response to my original one. I read yours as being rude to me - also a total stranger to you. I suggest you take your own advice.

As others pointed out, yes, there is the program guide and shopping online and I do those things, but as I said in my OP, it would be nice to have the programming not "stuck" into the same timeslots all the time because I do have a limited timeframe to watch live in the morning. Ah well, I put this in the suggestion box for the Q staff to read (not that I think they really care).

I don't watch much on the weekends either - simply because I am also not often in the market for a mattress, vacuum cleaner or hours of cooking shows.

Honored Contributor

If I remember, having shows at the same time was started after so many complained that they constantly kept having to look at the schedule (and a schedule was no longer being included in with orders) so apparently in response to those who wanted programs scheduled the same time and days got what they wanted and now others are displeased. No matter what changes are made to accommodate some it won't be a good fit for others! Making any changes appears to be futile since what some want, others don't.

Honored Contributor
On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:
On 10/7/2014 GinaV24 said:

I understand your frustration, in wanting to catch a show that interests you, every now and then, during that early morning time slot.

On a slightly different topic, Jim Shore's shows are always in the middle of the night. Surely there is a logical to QVC reason for this, but what on Earth would be wrong with switching things up every now and then!

I automatically assume that any particular vendor's product that is sold only in the overnight hours 90% of the time is one that they plan to dump and are finishing out a contract with before the dumping, with an obligatory number of shows to air. I order from the Jim Shore website. I didn't see any super bargains on QVC's site, and there is a much larger choice, and also sales, from the JS site. Free shipping over a certain amount too.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Gina, I absolutely get your point. It's the same old song. QVC does everything by rote. There is absolutely no reason why they can't mix it up to better to accommodate ALL their shoppers. Heaven only knows, there's enough repetition in the products presented that they could at least vary the times and, I would add, the days. And yes, the website is there at any time for everyone, but the OP was speaking in terms of tuning in to watch for a few minutes... Besides, as far as it goes, those seeking toys can also use the website and hence avoid concerns about their children watching with them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...