Super Contributor

Dear QVC, why are you chasing us away ?

I am now totally overwhelmed with trying to figure out your reasoning for the constant, consistent pathetic line up of weekend programs.

This time around we get Serta again, more Dooney and Bourke, Duraflame Heaters, Susan Graver (what's new?), Josie Maran and her argan oil again, more Christmas and lest we forget the usual Dyson cleaner.

I'm truly questioning the brain power behind this constant barrage of the same old tiring programs on every weekend. Who approves this? What is wrong with throwing in new and interesting shows, or at least alternating with others from the weekdays?

It's like a very bad nightmare I can't wake up from where you are trying to sabotage yourselves.

I barely watch QVC anymore. I once was an avid viewer. Therefore, you don't get the majority of my income anymore either. I suppose I should say thank you, but I just enjoy spending it elsewhere. After all, that's why I earn it so well.

Sign me so sad, in the midwest. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dear QVC, why are you chasing us away ?

Translation: Because the OP is not interested in the weekend programming, no one is, so only a fool could come up with it.

Reality: QVC is in business to make money. Business needs and profits determine programming. If the programming on weekends was causing the QVC to lose money, it would change.

QVC does not exist to entertain us. If one does not enjoy the programming, there are any number of more entertaining channels and productive ways to spend time.

Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 KYToby said:

Translation: Because the OP is not interested in the weekend programming, no one is, so only a fool could come up with it.

Reality: QVC is in business to make money. Business needs and profits determine programming. If the programming on weekends was causing the QVC to lose money, it would change.

QVC does not exist to entertain us. If one does not enjoy the programming, there are any number of more entertaining channels and productive ways to spend time.

Exactly

Honored Contributor

oops!

Super Contributor

lets be real this is the truth if i see one more shark vs dyson on an infomercial at 3 a.m. I will be convinced qvc owns these companies enough with the cleaning/electronic gadgets and lets not forget another serta tsv tommorrow who would buy a matress on tv,? what happens if you want a return it?do they return your old matress to you as well as pick it up I think not. lets give all the facts serta weeekends are on autopilot up there

Super Contributor

Dear KYTOBY and POOK:

DUH ? Duh....{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Such discernible and alliterative answers, as if everyone including myself don't know that already. You miss my point completely.....lol ! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

NJ4JAYS, thank you for "getting it." I so agree, the late night info's are ludicrous, and I do ageree it seem as QVC has some involvement in those as well. Perhaps with the exception of the mundane Chuck Norris and that incessant exercise guy with the 100 different video's !!

Everything from the kitchen of QVC is on with someone, and then the cleaners, often a Lori Grenier, frequently Bare Essentials, and an occassional other item or so. I feel like I'm watching QVC all over again !

For those of us compelled to watch TV at night the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer on the graveyard shift !! Back in the day QVC filled the void, but it no longer can or does.

I suppose that is how many of us got started. Alas ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

Not to worry OP, some, as you can see, feel it is their veritable mission to educate the misguided among us to their reality that since the Q can do no wrong, any opinion to the contrary must, by definition, be inaccurate... If the Q has made a choice to do something, after all, you see, then it, of course, makes perfect sense, and cannot possibly represent a poor choice... Never mind that the financials don't always bear out that assumption... Regardless of pearls of wisdom, repeated with nearly as much regularity as the Q's program options, there are others of us who agree that an endless rotation of presentations of the same items is, well, boring... and, shockingly enough, we're actually free to say so... In simple English... I agree with you, OP, the programming stinks...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/3/2014 KYToby said:

KYToby....we have been over this many times....I know you are a QVC rooter...as you say about the same thing each time we complain of the offerings of the Q...

We know they are here to make money...but don't you think they were doing quite well back in the day when there was variety....they must have been or they would not have been on the air so long....

I could deal with the endless...tiring...products if they didn't run that dang TSV every other hour...for an hour...and then stick it in between other shows...is that necessary....they never did that way back when...why now....never mind...I know your answer to that...

Super Contributor

StevieB, thanks for the support ! Smile

I must admit, I seem to often post before and/or after you, and we are of the same mindset frequently. I especially like your vocabulary and sentence structure...you crack me up most often !! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I hope we can be friends, I like you ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Why don't others get this stuff ?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Circles, you are so right on !! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Back in the early days of QVC there was no internet, thus the need to show as much variety and many products in the time slots. That is not necessary now as there are so many products available to purchase anytime - all the time.

Those few who constantly complain about lack of variety, feel it's their mission to attempt to put down and make fun of anyone who doesn't see this as problem. Why keep posting about it and then only want like minded to state such over-dramatic opinons and that there is only one right opinion?!! I personally don't think it's anyone's business to dictate how that business is run and demand that they change to suit MY wants and needs and would just shop elsewhere. However, I do sort of get why you keep doing it endlessly in hope of QVC changing their programming and that's fine and might just be a good way to let QVC know your opinions which might bring about your wanted changes but others have every right to voice their opinions that this is not a problem for everyone!! This way both sides are represented.