Super Contributor

QVC do your host get an evaluation periodically?

does anyone think they are forced to watch themselves periodically? lets see you know the ones who are rude and the ones who are fumbling and giving wrong information so often that we are muting the TV like some of the loooooong time gals who are feeling entitled and saying things that are off handed

what do you all think ,I mean the average joe is evaluated and has to perform or be replaced by the hungry masses maybe qvc needs a modern reboot

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC do your host get an evaluation periodically?

I can guess NO at your 1st question. If they watched themselves, surely some would change their habits. I have complained MANY times & stated they NEED to watch themselves to see how bad they are. Honestly, a few of them SHOULD be embarrassed to see their own shows.

I have watched Stacy, the new host, the last 2 nights. She seems comfortable in hosting, but stuggled drastically. It was like she almost was on "auto-pilot". Words coming out, but not saying much....talking in circles. I actually think she has gotten worse as time goes on.

Respected Contributor

Wow, do I want to red-ink your posts! Punctuation is our friend.

Honored Contributor

I understand and refuse to watch a couple of hosts. However..... can you imagine how OP or any of us would do if we had to stand in front of a camera and talk about some of the cwap Q is trying to sell?

Honored Contributor

I don't think they do get evaluated on their on air performance or the viewer would see improvements in many things.

However with the exit of the CEO something has affected the bottom line somewhere. Perhaps there will be improvements.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they are reviewed but what a small minority of the same few posters here think is wrong with certain hosts is in a lot of cases just them watching and trying to find fault with the hosts and actually is just their own opinion and not the actuality of that host's job performance.

In all the years I've watched QVC never have I witnessed any host being rude! It seems some take any joking hosts do as being rude. There also have been very few instances when I found that the information on products was not given satisfactorily.

Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 insomniac said:

Wow, do I want to red-ink your posts! Punctuation is our friend.

I did not know the forum required correct punctuation to make comments, is it in the guidelines?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I have been watching and buying from all of the shopping shows for a long time and have witnessed the deterioration of the show hosts, even the old timers are struggling. They have used up all of the words and ways to wear or use an item and just say the same things over and over. It has to be hard to be on air for 2 or 3 hours talk us into purchasing whatever they are selling. Yes I have seen a host be rude to a vendor too. Sometimes they are just not paired with the right people.

Shopping channels used to be about the product NOT the host. Nowadays the newbies have come in and introduced the singing, dancing, kiss, kiss, um, um, made up words, inappropriate dress, jiggling, on and on and on. The show has become me, me, me look at me while I am looking at myself.

I have said many times IF the show hosts would read these forums and listen to what is said and then sit down and watch at least 20 min. of each of their shows they would know what we are seeing.

It has to be hard to try and describe the same old tops, pants, sweaters, jackets, makeup, computers etc. over and over every week. I have actually watched presentations of the same product at different times during the day and it is like a rerun, they same almost word for word what was said earlier.

I am all for evaluations not only by the big wigs but by the viewers. Let us give our imput as to what we want after all we are the reason home shopping is what it is.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I think some of the hosts need etiquette classes, like in the movie "A League of their own."

One morning I could not sleep and Stacey was hosting a jewelry show in a strapless pink jumpsuit. Horrid fashion aside. She was sitting with I believe the DIL of JR. Anyway you could see under the table in the camera shot and because of the outfit, how she was sitting. Un-ladylike is an understatement, her knees were far enough apart to do a GYN appointment. I cannot believe the control room did not say anything to her.

I am not perfect, I am sure I would mess up on air, but that is not my job, it is theirs. A little refinement is not a bad thing. It seems as though anything goes, say what you want and then giggle. Practicing is a good thing, but it does not appear to me as though that is a priority. JMO

Honored Contributor

ITA! There was an article in one of the financial newspapers that was quite a while ago, that described, "a day in the life of a QVC host" and they mentioned how the hosts attend all these meetings to prep them for future shows, and how they are continuously evaluated after they finish shows to "polish" their performance....well it appears that this practice has gone by the wayside, because their is a lot of fumbling and bumbling on merchandise, and more time is spent on dancing, acting silly, or they won't let the vendor talk and interrupt or seem more concerned about customers friending them on their Facebook Page......{#emotions_dlg.glare}

QVC hosts used to heads above HSN, while I know there are a few exceptions, but now the HSN appear more polished and professional than those at the Q.......Now I don't want the Q hosts to be robots....they should show their personality and have a bit of fun, but some of them are downright unwatchable and make me turn the channel....and that's not even considering the lack of product info some fail to provide now a days...and hmmm units sold were higher on HSN too in the last quarter I wonder if there is a correlation....just wondering....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”