Super Contributor

Adjust prices down instead of value pays

Why is QVC reluctant to do this? It seems they are stubborn about maintaining their prices. Everyone likes a price reduction instead of 5 value pays for the item. Why can't QVC do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Adjust prices down instead of value pays

Maybe they could - although the way short-term money is being paid this year (under 1% in a bank), value pays aren't worth 5%.

If I had $500 banked to pay for a new spring wardrobe, in 6 months, that money would earn about $1.25. If QVC sold me my wardrobe at 5% off and I paid it all at once, that would cost them $12.50 over the same 6 months. I'm betting that's not happening.

Honored Contributor

Easy pays bring in more money for QVC so of course they are going to offer easy pays instead of reducing prices. They don't care about customers - their primary concern is, and always will be, $$$.

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

Easy pays bring in more money for QVC so of course they are going to offer easy pays instead of reducing prices. They don't care about customers - their primary concern is, and always will be, $$$.

That is what big business is all about. They don't care about employees or customers.

Honored Contributor

They are in business to make money. All these recent ez pays can easily get people in debt.
Respected Contributor

Could not agree more, reduce prices and shipping. I do not want easy pays, they add up insidiously and become difficult to keep track of. As a poster said they really are a way to get into and remain in debt.
Respected Contributor

I'm always on the lookout for easy pays: there aren't that many.

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

how about free shipping if you pay upfront?

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the pricing is a bit strange at QVC. There are times when QVC will lower the price by only 5$ or 6$ and call that a clearance or a big sale. Easy Pays can be helpful at times. Just wish QVC would add more Easy Pays to the stuff I really like.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

People were suggesting to QVC that they offer "easy pay" offers to break the payments down as they would on a credit card (w/o the finance charges) like ShopHQ does so often.

As for myself, I have ordered more items this way and I would not have been able to purchase them without the easy pay offer.

Thank-you QVC !