New Contributor

Will someone please put some lipstick on Shawn? Her lips should not match her skin!

I can't take it any longer - Shawn has not changed her makeup ever. The most critical update needed is that her lips need color. Not a dramatic change but if she is going for this nude lip look it is absolutely not working for her. Time for a makeup makeover please. She is too fun and adorable to have this terrible makeup.

Respected Contributor

Re: Will someone please put some lipstick on Shawn? Her lips should not match her skin!

Hello, lovestulips. Welcome to the QVC board.

I think Shawn wears what's most comfortable for her. She might feel more comfortable with toned-down makeup and such.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

Re: Will someone please put some lipstick on Shawn? Her lips should not match her skin!

Shawn has stayed with nude lips for years now. I think that she feels it highlights her eye make up. This past year, she was wearing pink lipstick.

Really, whatever, it is her style. You have a remote.

Respected Contributor

Shawn has a distinctive look and it suits her.

Honored Contributor

OP, might be your opinion but not your business!! How ridiculous - you can't take it anymore!!??? A shopping channel salesperson is that much a part of your life that you can't take it anymore?? Just had to create an account to post this???!!

I am noticing more and more nude shades of lip products being highlighted now and the brighter colors not so much. I was in Sephora and heard the salesperson touting the new nudes that are trendy now. Brighter colors tend to age a person and accentuate wrinkles anyway.

I don't think Shawn would look good with more color as it would make her seem clownish since she accentuates her eyes and her face would look too harsh. She has her own look just as we all do and it works for her.

Honored Contributor

Wow. I'd hate OP to see me as I'm sure I'd never live up to her standards. I don't wear lipstick at all. In fact, I wear as little make up as possible and only when I have to. I wear a little eyeliner, brow color, and blush when I go to work.

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Pook said:

OP, might be your opinion but not your business!! How ridiculous - you can't take it anymore!!??? A shopping channel salesperson is that much a part of your life that you can't take it anymore?? Just had to create an account to post this???!!

I am noticing more and more nude shades of lip products being highlighted now and the brighter colors not so much. I was in Sephora and heard the salesperson touting the new nudes that are trendy now. Brighter colors tend to age a person and accentuate wrinkles anyway.

I don't think Shawn would look good with more color as it would make her seem clownish since she accentuates her eyes and her face would look too harsh. She has her own look just as we all do and it works for her.

Make her look clownish? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

While I'm not usually one to follow what so called experts in any field, makeup artists always stress that you either play up your eyes with more eye makeup or use brighter colors on you lips as both will have a clown like effect and I have noticed it to be true.

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Pook said:

While I'm not usually one to follow what so called experts in any field, makeup artists always stress that you either play up your eyes with more eye makeup or use brighter colors on you lips as both will have a clown like effect and I have noticed it to be true.

That could be true if applied in an overdone manner.

S.K. wears a LOT of dark eye makeup and extreme color block for her hair and the lack of color on her lips makes her look ghostly. She had on a darker shade of pink one night and she looked so much better. Maybe in real life the nude looks good but not on camera.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Regular Contributor

lovestulips- Why don't you make that suggestion on her Facebook page.