Contributor

Reduced Shipping=Possible Profit

Dear QVC, I am not the first to suggest this, but maybe give it some consideration: how about having a reduced flat rate shipping day. I know "free shipping" may be unrealistic, but I think possibly catagorizing and alternating the items could make this do-able: say, $2.00 shipping on all beauty, $3.00 on apparel, etc,..as it is, before even considering a purchase I automatically add on $10 to the price, because with tax and shipping that is pretty accurate. That makes that great item for $29.96 actually closer to $40, and that is often a deal-breaker for me and possibly for many others. Pair reduced or free shipping with easy pay and you have a "win-win!" I know shipping is not cheap, but just maybe the quantity of sales would make it profitable.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Reduced Shipping=Possible Profit

QVC makes a significant portion of their profits from shipping. By reducing shipping they would likely end up raising base prices.

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 mgkl1 said: Dear QVC, I am not the first to suggest this, but maybe give it some consideration: how about having a reduced flat rate shipping day. I know "free shipping" may be unrealistic, but I think possibly catagorizing and alternating the items could make this do-able: say, $2.00 shipping on all beauty, $3.00 on apparel, etc,..as it is, before even considering a purchase I automatically add on $10 to the price, because with tax and shipping that is pretty accurate. That makes that great item for $29.96 actually closer to $40, and that is often a deal-breaker for me and possibly for many others. Pair reduced or free shipping with easy pay and you have a "win-win!" I know shipping is not cheap, but just maybe the quantity of sales would make it profitable.

Hello, mgkl1.

I've learned with QVC's free shipping is that it isn't always advertised. For example, many of Nick Chavez' products are having free shipping right now. But QVC didn't announce that. You have to check online to see for yourself. It may be a hassle, but when it comes to your favorite line of products, you'd have to check very often. But yes, QVC announcing free shipping would be great.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 KYToby said:

QVC makes a significant portion of their profits from shipping. By reducing shipping they would likely end up raising base prices.

How can you make a judgement like this? U have no idea what their profit statement looks like? R U the CFO at QVC?

Contributor

Thanks for the replies and info! I was just thinking it would be great if they offered a "customer appreciation" day or some kind of incentive site-wide. Can you imagine the chaos if they had free shipping day? They probably could not keep up with the orders! Yea, unrealistic, I know...But I still think they could crunch some numbers and come up with periodic shipping specials that allows us to have the choice of what ships free or reduced: perhaps all beauty instead of one vendor. Or, on an item of your choice. We can dream, right? They do have some great items at reasonable prices, and I do love Easy Does It Day! (And Thanks for the heads-up on Nick Chavez free ship!) Wishing all a great day!??
Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 mgkl1 said: Thanks for the replies and info! I was just thinking it would be great if they offered a "customer appreciation" day or some kind of incentive site-wide. Can you imagine the chaos if they had free shipping day? They probably could not keep up with the orders! Yea, unrealistic, I know...But I still think they could crunch some numbers and come up with periodic shipping specials that allows us to have the choice of what ships free or reduced: perhaps all beauty instead of one vendor. Or, on an item of your choice. We can dream, right? They do have some great items at reasonable prices, and I do love Easy Does It Day! (And Thanks for the heads-up on Nick Chavez free ship!) Wishing all a great day!??

You're welcome. The free shipping for some Nick Chavez products ends today Sunday at 11:59 p.m. PT, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

Look at it this way, with their contract ups charges qvc 50 cents or a dollar for everything they ship. yup

Honored Contributor

KYToby is correct. Skylands, you are not only ignorant, but rude. Profit and Loss statements are public information.