Frequent Contributor

Food Fest Hosts Eating and Talking With Mouth Full

Please I'm not being mean but Sharon, Carolyn and Dan Wheeler taking huge bites then talking with their mouths full is rude . I can't watch the food shows any more. I recently tuned in to get prices on pot stickers and Carolyn was eating lobster, had to turn it off. Sorry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Food Fest Hosts Eating and Talking With Mouth Full

I do not understand why you were tuning into a show that you admit you cannot watch. QVC has a myriad of ways to get the desired information -- calling, checking online, or utilizing one of its apps -- none of which would cause you to risk offending your delicate constitution.

Super Contributor

Carolyn didn't present lobster today, that was Sharon. Eating the food is part of their job!

Respected Contributor

I've seen these type of comments before and I just don't understand them. I watch almost all of the food shows and I have never seen any of the hosts talking with their mouths full. I've seen them place their hands over their mouths and quickly swallow before speaking.

If you are offended by that, try watching the Food Network show Chopped. I actually had to stop watching, even though I liked the show, because watching the contestants sweat while they were preparing the food, and then having the judges eat the food just turned my stomach.

Watching the QVC hosts take a small bite of food and then speak is nothing compared to watching someone sweat over a dish of food.

Respected Contributor

I have never seen anyone on the food shows talk with their mouth full, they take a bite, cover their mouth, swallow and then talk. Plain and simple.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 J Town Girl said:

I've seen these type of comments before and I just don't understand them. I watch almost all of the food shows and I have never seen any of the hosts talking with their mouths full. I've seen them place their hands over their mouths and quickly swallow before speaking.

If you are offended by that, try watching the Food Network show Chopped. I actually had to stop watching, even though I liked the show, because watching the contestants sweat while they were preparing the food, and then having the judges eat the food just turned my stomach.

Watching the QVC hosts take a small bite of food and then speak is nothing compared to watching someone sweat over a dish of food.

I so agree with you....that Chopped show is hard to watch ...not only the food they have to work with....but that sweating and then the occasional cut they get then put on a glove...ugh....I don't know how the Judges are able to eat the food...

I really don't have a problem with the Q. Hosts eating...they have to keep the show moving along...so if there is food in their mouth....what can they do....not tasting the food would be an insult to the vendor who brought it....

Honored Contributor

I have seen many food shows on QVC, and not one host or vendor has ever goobled, or talked with a mouth full of food. Never.
Valued Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Tissyanne said: I have seen many food shows on QVC, and not one host or vendor has ever goobled, or talked with a mouth full of food. Never.

I have to agree. NO ONE looks good while eating, but the hosts seem to manage pretty well to do it delicately. They do have to eat and rave about the food, that is how they are going to sell it. I think it would be more odd to have an hour or two long show and for someone to NOT eat it.

Some of the vendors though, are not as rehearsed in delicately eating. One time the stuffin gourmet guy took a bite and then started talking with his mouth full and you could see all the nasty white chewed up chicken in his mouth as he was talking and little pieces were flying out as he was speaking. Gross. I have never seen a host do that.

Super Contributor

you should have known they would come out from behind their aprons to dice you up

has anyone ever said it was awful or bland or better yet .......OVERPRICED

Trusted Contributor

On 9/17/2014 banjo said:

Carolyn didn't present lobster today, that was Sharon. Eating the food is part of their job!

Carolyn stops by when other hosts are presenting in order to eat more.

I disagree that all hosts avoid talking with their mouth full. Carolyn presented the meatball pie and, during the presentation ate an entire wedge of the pie! She often eats more than a mouthful to "taste", she grazes and has a serving or more during the entire time. There is no way to do that and avoid talking with food in your mouth with minutes to present the item.

QVC, please feed the hosts before air time.