Contributor
Can anyone tell me how it can take an hour to demonstrate a recliner?
Contributor
I was wrong, it was only a half hour, but even that is a little too long
Trusted Contributor

QVC programs in order to "catch" the many viewers who are flipping channels and tuning in during commercial breaks of other shows. In order to these customers, they must do extended presentations.

Few people continue to watch QVC for hours on end, and many who do mistakenly believe QVC's primary goal is to entertain rather than sell.

Honored Contributor
I'm shocked what that recliner cost n the store -- 949. the reason I went there is I purchased a home and they left these 2 nice chairs I know they are about 7 yrs old and are in very good condition was going to donate to goodwill until saw them in lazyboy showroom for $1097 each wow now thinking about reupholstering
Honored Contributor

I just bought a lazy boy recliner that is a couple of steps up from the tsv and it didn't cost as much as Q's. I also saw the style Q was selling and it was less expensive at the store. I would never buy furniture, appliances, or computers from a shopping channel.

Regular Contributor
On 9/14/2014 KYToby said:

QVC programs in order to "catch" the many viewers who are flipping channels and tuning in during commercial breaks of other shows. In order to these customers, they must do extended presentations.

Few people continue to watch QVC for hours on end, and many who do mistakenly believe QVC's primary goal is to entertain rather than sell.

QVC has been on air since 1986. It wasn't until around 2009-2010 that they started having all the "one hour, one product" shows, which just happens to be around the time that the recently departed former CEO Claire Watts was hired. I guess it took 23-24 years for them to try and "catch" the many viewers who are flipping by the channels.

While QVC's primary goal is to sell, shouldn't customer retention also be a primary goal of a company? While all companies try to gain new customers, they also need to keep their long term regular customers happy and not "alienate" them.

Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 KDenn said:
On 9/14/2014 KYToby said:

QVC has been on air since 1986. It wasn't until around 2009-2010 that they started having all the "one hour, one product" shows, which just happens to be around the time that the recently departed former CEO Claire Watts was hired. I guess it took 23-24 years for them to try and "catch" the many viewers who are flipping by the channels.

While QVC's primary goal is to sell, shouldn't customer retention also be a primary goal of a company? While all companies try to gain new customers, they also need to keep their long term regular customers happy and not "alienate" them.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thank you and yes, not boring customers into oblivion really should also be a primary goal. If, for every 'drive by shopper' they also induce another customer to turn them off, is that really part of their sales strategy...? No wonder their most recent sales numbers weren't 'all that'. There are way, way too many, too long presentations of essentially boring merchandise when clearly less lengthy presentations would suffice, especially since it's also mandatory that a TSV, irregardless of what it is, be presented every hour, on the hour.

I don't know anybody that watches QVC for hours on end or anticipates being fully entertained by watching, but as a TV shopping experience, clearly, entertainment needs to be at least some part of the equation, otherwise, customers could just shop the website... As for watching hours on end, no, it's simply become too boring and repetitive and yes, hopefully with the recent departure of Watts we'll begin to see some positive changes for those who don't appreciate the Q's current infomercial approach.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

a complete sunday for an archie bunker chair really QVC get current sundays we want to self indulge not cook clean and vacummm

Honored Contributor

I sure wish when the present the recliners, they also sell as a separate item the recliner lever extender. I really need one & can't find any at my local stores. Not even on QVC or HSN. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

<h3 class="r">
</h3>

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif