Contributor

do we really need Barry on every D&C show?

I thought all the hosts were capable of explaining the clothes very well. He is annoying.

Honored Contributor

Re: do we really need Barry on every D&C show?

His name is GARY.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

And GARY doesn't annoy me. However, I could understand if you'd expressed tour view as an opinion - "I find him annoying" as opposed to "he is" I know it's sort of similar, but it feels very different to me.

As far as need- we don't NEED any of the vendors. We don't need Gary or Judith or Chaz or Nick or Louis or Susan or anyone else you might name. I like the QVC business model that brings us in touch with another world, so I hope they don't change that aspect of their shows any time soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Did we really need another thread trashing GARY. If you took time to look you would have seen that there was already one started this morning in Suggestion Box entitled: Designer Gary - Denim & Co. Or did you just want your comment to be seen by everyone?

I'll just repost what I posted on that one, it's getting a little redundant around here.

His name is Gary, and I find him funny and think he adds to the show. Otherwise, it's the same old same old...the camaraderie between him and the show host (especially when Carolyn is on) makes it much more fun and interesting. When one person has to talk alone for two hours, now that might get boring. But when you have two people sharing the "stage", I'm sure it makes it much easier for them. And they do get the needed information out to people who want to hear it.

Just wonder for those who dislike him so much and don't think he's needed, if he were a younger handsome guy, would you feel any different?

Honored Contributor

I like him and regardless, it seems foisting the buyers out there is the Q's new big thing. As far as they go, at least he's likable, which is more than I could say for some...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like Gary and I like that Denim & Co. have petite sizing and a beautiful petite model to show the clothes.

Super Contributor

Dear OP: Your opinion is more than annoying. And never write a negative comment about someone when you can't even get their name right. Duh.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 kittymomNC said:

Did we really need another thread trashing GARY. If you took time to look you would have seen that there was already one started this morning in Suggestion Box entitled: Designer Gary - Denim & Co. Or did you just want your comment to be seen by everyone?

I'll just repost what I posted on that one, it's getting a little redundant around here.

His name is Gary, and I find him funny and think he adds to the show. Otherwise, it's the same old same old...the camaraderie between him and the show host (especially when Carolyn is on) makes it much more fun and interesting. When one person has to talk alone for two hours, now that might get boring. But when you have two people sharing the "stage", I'm sure it makes it much easier for them. And they do get the needed information out to people who want to hear it.

Just wonder for those who dislike him so much and don't think he's needed, if he were a younger handsome guy, would you feel any different?

I think your last line here, is right on the money! Gary is the main designer for Denim & Co.; he seems quite adapt explaining the designs, and he seems very kind and considerate with all of the hosts (where others can sometimes be over-bearing and boisterous). However, I've noticed that he does not wear clothes that look good on him or fit his size. Perhaps if he had his own stylist he would "appear" more fashion savvy. After all, fashion is perception. David Dangle, Louis Linea, Dennis Basso -- they may not be young men, but they always (in my opinion) look sharp, and put together. Not many complaints about what they add to the presentations.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't believe Gary or Barry actually designs D&C.

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 insomniac said:

Personally, I don't believe Gary or Barry actually designs D&C.

LOL, I don't either!

I think I heard one host mention awhile back, he use to design for Sports Savvy, and I guess that is why everything in D&C is becoming French terry! But, there were some Sports Savvy things I did like and they were not French terry!