Trusted Contributor

Jill Bauer's tribute to Joan Rivers

QVC, please post Jill's tribute on YouTube, or post a link on the Community page. So many posters have commented on how well it was done. For those of us who missed viewing, it would be a nice touch.
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer's tribute to Joan Rivers

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

Jill would not be the one I would want to hear from.

Although this is about Joan and not the hosts, I so agree with you. Moreover, there seems to be some difference of opinion about Jill's commentary. I have no opinion because I didn't see it. I did, however, see Jane comment twice and thought she did a nice job. It seems that Lisa and Joan were quite close and it would be nice to hear from here were she working today. She posted a very nice note about Joan on her Facebook page, where there are any number of comments about Joan's passing. Personally, I suspected early this morning this would be the sad outcome but I still can't begin to wrap my head around it. I suspect those who knew and worked with her are feeling an amplified version of the same thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I noticed a comment on another thread, saying Jill posted her remarks on her Facebook page. I don't see a video, just looking quickly, but she did post the transcript:

Jill Bauer QVC

link goes to:

https://www.facebook.com/JillBauerQVC

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Jill's FB post was very nice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I must agree, after reading on her FB page, it indeed was a wonderful, warm tribute.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor

very nice tribute by Jill....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Is this what you're looking for? LINK.

From Jill's Facebook:

My heart is so sad tonight as I process the fact that Joan Rivers has passed. As I've already shared before, she was so kind to me...from my early days as a new show host she mentored me in jewelry design and history...she invited me to her home for her lavish holiday party when I couldn't get home to be with family...when I lived in London, she invited me to join her and her companions for dinne...r so that I wouldn't be alone, and then made sure I had extra cab fare, just in case. When I got married, she wanted to know all the details, and from that moment on ALWAYS asked about Doug, my kids, my parents. When my Dad died, she was one of the first to send a card of condolence. When our dog Duke was diagnosed with cancer, she spent time talking to me about treatments, options and what she had done whe her dog was diagnosed too. When I last saw her, several weeks ago, she asked me which show I would be hosting with her on her TSV day...when I told her I'd be on vacation, she looked at me and threw out 3 quick expletives...and we all started cracking up. She is a woman I admired and am so grateful to have known as a friend. Sending love to her family and close friends, including David Dangle and his wonderful team. You were so loved, Joan. Rest in peace.
Super Contributor

I think Jill's was the first on air. I had turned on the news to watch the McDonnell trial verdict announced, and when the newscaster said Joan had passed, I switched immediately to Qz. Leah was on and seemed so overly cheerful, I thought for sure she hadn't been told. Then Jill, and she really delivered it well. I don't know how she held herself together, but she did. People on these boards often say that she is the consummate professional, and I do agree that she is, many times over. - Bird