Super Contributor

QVC if you are revamping the ceo here are some suggestions

for heavens sake keep the fashion ball rolling bring in new designers and allow them some time slots we dont want the gadgets we get at 3 am on the infomercials we want clothes shoes handbags beauty

if you want a new audience you have to get modern in fashion

no more gadgets pleaseeeeeeee

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC if you are revamping the ceo here are some suggestions

Maybe they could use some more updated fashions but to have more fashions is not needed! For me, I like what you call "gadgets" and really do buy as do so many others. Surely no more handbags are needed!!

Honored Contributor

And your two posts say loud and clear what is needed... more variety. I agree, a better MIX is indicated, both fashion and otherwise.

QVC has simply come to rely too much on the same few brands, whether we're talking fashion or not. Fashion wise, it's a constant barrage of Graver and the other few house brands. Whereas they used to bring in new designers each year, now it's just a steady diet of the same few and it would appear Gili has become their excuse for more up to date fashion. It's fine, but it can't fill the whole void. And bless her soul, heaven only knows what they'll now do to fill the immense void left by Joan Rivers' passing.

As for handbags, personally, I can't get enough, but again, VARIETY is the order of the day... Incessantly hawking one brand (Dooney) gets old and, let's face it, where their other 'big' brands (BMak and Tig) are concerned, well, their ship sailed long ago and neither are really much of a player in the industry at this point. It's great that they offer oryany and bags in the Gili and Issac lines, but another name brand or two wouldn't hurt and personally, I'm not seeing the Kestenberg line catching fire, although it's a nice brand...

As for the gadgets, electronic, kitchen or otherwise, they are SO not my thing, but I recognize the validity of offering them. I just don't see the point of offering them SO often.

Personally, I think their home decor department could use a serious shot in the arm. There is SO much more to offer than Bethlehem Lights lit kitsch, an incessant supply of Valerie's vinyl ottomans and mercury glass or Jill hawking poo pourri and another throw...

Again, it all comes down to a better product mix, more variety and greater diversity of programming...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

They need to revamp the Host's. Get rid of the Ditsy, dancing, singing all about ME, ME, ME hosts. Give us nicely dressed, informative, somewhat reserved hosts. Calm down some of the vendors. Stop all of the family stories, stop the host from yelling out "will someone please order this for me before it gets gone" Stop all of the smoke and mirrors when showing beauty or cleaning products. Bring back the old "Real" days of home shopping.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I agree with Golfrider's comments plus..... do something about the horrendous bronzo, resin, and clad jewelry. Gold is down almost 30% so we should be seeing better prices, quality, and variety in 14k jewelry. I realize gold is still pricey. But if other online retailers can sell top notch quality 14k for $48-$65 per gram, one would think Q could given their buying power.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 stevieb said:

And your two posts say loud and clear what is needed... more variety. I agree, a better MIX is indicated, both fashion and otherwise.

QVC has simply come to rely too much on the same few brands, whether we're talking fashion or not. Fashion wise, it's a constant barrage of Graver and the other few house brands. Whereas they used to bring in new designers each year, now it's just a steady diet of the same few and it would appear Gili has become their excuse for more up to date fashion. It's fine, but it can't fill the whole void. And bless her soul, heaven only knows what they'll now do to fill the immense void left by Joan Rivers' passing.

As for handbags, personally, I can't get enough, but again, VARIETY is the order of the day... Incessantly hawking one brand (Dooney) gets old and, let's face it, where their other 'big' brands (BMak and Tig) are concerned, well, their ship sailed long ago and neither are really much of a player in the industry at this point. It's great that they offer oryany and bags in the Gili and Issac lines, but another name brand or two wouldn't hurt and personally, I'm not seeing the Kestenberg line catching fire, although it's a nice brand...

As for the gadgets, electronic, kitchen or otherwise, they are SO not my thing, but I recognize the validity of offering them. I just don't see the point of offering them SO often.

Personally, I think their home decor department could use a serious shot in the arm. There is SO much more to offer than Bethlehem Lights lit kitsch, an incessant supply of Valerie's vinyl ottomans and mercury glass or Jill hawking poo pourri and another throw...

Again, it all comes down to a better product mix, more variety and greater diversity of programming...

thanks stevie for the support some posters are so nasty its refreshing for someone to think it through andgive input

either way QVC we want fashion!!!!!! p.s. jill drives me mad she thinks i need her to decorate my home with chachkies

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 golfcartrider said:

They need to revamp the Host's. Get rid of the Ditsy, dancing, singing all about ME, ME, ME hosts. Give us nicely dressed, informative, somewhat reserved hosts. Calm down some of the vendors. Stop all of the family stories, stop the host from yelling out "will someone please order this for me before it gets gone" Stop all of the smoke and mirrors when showing beauty or cleaning products. Bring back the old "Real" days of home shopping.

well said madam i agree with you as well

bravo ladies lets cry out in rebellion with our money{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

I guess this is an example of different impressions and opinions. For the most part, I have no problem with the Hosts, but, I obviously do not watch nearly as much as some people. I have Hosts I prefer over others, of course, but, I certainly would not want anyone to lose their job. I enjoy a Host with some personality. I can't imagine wanting to watch a sedate, conservatively dressed Host, just droning on and on, about the product. Unless it's something brand new, that needs a lot of explaining, there's a point where you only say so much about the product! I don't mind some stories and a little personal input from the Host.
Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 NJ4Jays said:
On 9/5/2014 golfcartrider said:

well said madam i agree with you as well

bravo ladies lets cry out in rebellion with our money{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Count me in on these recommendations. Also revamp some of the old and boring shows like PM Style, AM Style, etc. Ask the hosts to slow down--they sound like carnival barkers.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 SUHSE39 said: I guess this is an example of different impressions and opinions. For the most part, I have no problem with the Hosts, but, I obviously do not watch nearly as much as some people. I have Hosts I prefer over others, of course, but, I certainly would not want anyone to lose their job. I enjoy a Host with some personality. I can't imagine wanting to watch a sedate, conservatively dressed Host, just droning on and on, about the product. Unless it's something brand new, that needs a lot of explaining, there's a point where you only say so much about the product! I don't mind some stories and a little personal input from the Host.

I certainly agree!!!! It would be like going backwards in time. Life is so much more casual - thank goodness!!!