Super Contributor

Kirsten is a nice looking woman and I like her as a host but I wish someone would find a good stylist for her. Yesterday she was wearing a shapeless floor length gray skirt that looked like she was wrapped in an old blanket, with big heavy clumpy boots (or shoes..?) and a skimpy top that didn't even begin to match anything. Add to the mix that her hair didn't seem to have even seen a brush lately, and the overall picture was not pleasant. I do not usually bash any hosts but I couldn't help being disappointed at the mess Kirsten was presenting to national television and I am surprised that QVC allows this. She is a pretty woman and could look so much better. And ladies, before you start criticizing me - this is just my personal opinion.

Honored Contributor

I know it's your opinion but I saw her and while her choice of clothing wasn't to my taste thought she looked great. She was wearing the TSV boots which I didn't like the look of them with the skirt but that is what is being worn now. I also noticed nothing wrong with her hair either. I don't watch with the expectation that every host/vendor/model has to conform to what I like. It's your opinion and that's fine but to say you're surprised QVC allows this (her going on air in a look you don't like)....!!!!

Honored Contributor

ITA

way too casual to be on air representing this business

fine for running errands but not going to work

Honored Contributor

QVC programing is more casual now - thank goodness!!! She was wearing the TSV boots also. The long skirt would be cumbersome to run errands.

Also, they want to make the hosts your friends and so why would they have to dress uppity. I once heard a host say thanks for inviting me into your home so why would I insist on a guest to my home dressing for a boardroom!!!??

It makes no difference what anyone is or is not wearing - if I want to purchase something, a host/vendor's clothing has no bearing on it.!!

It appears that some are stuck in bygone days and can't accept that life is so much more casual now!!

Honored Contributor

No one has to like the way fashions are in this day and age, but it's a reality! that is not going away!

Honored Contributor

I remember when I was young, I thought I could throw on just any thing and look great, maybe that's how Kirsten feels. Kirsten is very fit and I think she's attractive, but her job is TV sales and she should look the part. I'm surprised the Q doesn't have some sort of standard for dress and hair and makeup, I thought they had people who helped the hosts look good. I usually don't watch Kirsten's shows because I don't feel she likes what she's doing, I feel her presents are flat and tired unless she's presenting athletic equipment of some sort.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA with the suggestion that QVC try some new looks for the hosts or consider getting a new stylist. I would like to see some hair makeovers on certain hosts.

Contributor
Thank goodness for ignore!
Super Contributor

I must admit OP, I saw that skirt and immediately thought of The Munster's Show! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Kirsten is from California, and is a beach girl. She admits her taste in fashion, home decor, and pretty much all else is "California casual" and much inspired by the water, and when she and her hubby lived on a boat for years instead of land. And she feels she is still pretty young, and has stated that her husband loves her well-exercised body, loves her figure and they way she dresses. Now I think she dresses for her style and her man. What is wrong with that ?