Honored Contributor

Very frustrating sizing for fashions getting worse and worse

Today's Isaac Mizrahi's TSV pant, Size 12 for 40" hips

Today's Dennis Basso faux leather skirt, Size 4 for 40" hips

I wear an 8-10 in most D&Co. pants, which range from 38-1/2" to 39-1/2" hip measurement in most styles, but not always.

And this is not rare, this happens every day. The "size chart" we are supposed to depend upon means nothing when it comes to certain designers. Plus they don't always show the sizes on screen when presenting an item. One has no idea what size to order. So a "S," which I usually order, can arrive either huge or so tight I can't get one leg in.

So we are stuck having to either order two sizes to choose which one fits when we try it on, and be forced to send the other one back. Some folks do this as a routine thing.

Please take this suggestion seriously and hopefully do something about it. You are losing a lot of sales and getting a lot of returns.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Very frustrating sizing for fashions getting worse and worse

I swear one of the reasons I've bought so little new clothing in 2014 is that sizing is so difficult. I'm a brick and mortar buyer for the most part and as I go to the dressing room, I frequently take 2 or even 3 sizes of the same item with me.

I've been "wearing my closet" this summer, but I know I have to shop some time and I dread it.

Respected Contributor

Remember when most brands on QVC followed the same size charts? If you were a medium in one line, you were a medium in another.

Why did that have to change?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with both of you. I am so frustrated by trying to "guess" how something will fit. Yes, I read the description and check the size chart but frankly I don't know why. It's a roll of the dice on most clothing items how it will fit. Recently, I purchased two beach cover ups from D&C to wear in the am when I'm putting the puppies out to potty. The one fits fine. The other one fits like three sizes up. Some hosts will mention if they think an item runs small or large and that I appreciate. I buy most of my daughter in law's clothes for the office and she's a difficult fit. I hold my breath when I'm buying these clothing gifts for her that they will fit her properly. My other frustration is that some hosts state they are a size s or xs, etc. and they are larger than the models in the same size. There's only so much stretch in any fabric so really??? No wonder we are all so confused about sizing. QVC needs to get the quality control back in this category. Prices have increased and returns are costly. Being this frustrated and disappointed is the reason why I stopped shopping in the malls and started shopping on line.

Trusted Contributor

This issue has lowered my purchasing lately. It just isn't fun or "convenient" to have to write down the measurements and then go to my closet and find a similiar item in that fabric to measure against. I order a lot from whitehouseblackmarket and never have any problem with ordering the same size across board. I will say though, that if I recieve a clothing item from QVC and the measurements don't match what is listed on-line, I call CS in order to return the item on their dime. I wish more customers would do this, it might prompt QVC to address this problem and standardize sizing!

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 wonderwoman100 said:

This issue has lowered my purchasing lately. It just isn't fun or "convenient" to have to write down the measurements and then go to my closet and find a similiar item in that fabric to measure against. I order a lot from whitehouseblackmarket and never have any problem with ordering the same size across board. I will say though, that if I recieve a clothing item from QVC and the measurements don't match what is listed on-line, I call CS in order to return the item on their dime. I wish more customers would do this, it might prompt QVC to address this problem and standardize sizing!

Yes, just did the same. I ordered four tunic tops because the stated length is 28 1/2. When I received the order, not one of the four was the stated length, they were all shorter, one by as much as an inch. I called CS and they said to return them on their dime.
Esteemed Contributor

Sizing on all the fashions lines at QVC has been very inconsistent. JMHO