Contributor
The TSV is just being presented too often. And each presentation is just too long! Even during a Susan Graver show Albany came dancing out twice with beverages from the TSV. I have always been a big fan of QVC but. now QVC is making it very easy for me to change the channel and save money! QVC should just tape an inform
Trusted Contributor

QVC is more interested in the thousands of people purchasing the TSV with these presentations than the tiny minority complaining about it on these boards.

Their primary goal is to make money -- not entertain us.

Esteemed Contributor

KYToby.....you end everyone of your posts with the Q is not here to entertain us...

Tell me why...if they are not here to entertain....do they let the giggling...laughing...dancing...twirling...singing...go on during the Pat and Jayne shows...SG...Renee...Nancy...Shawn....etc...

Frankly I wish they didn't entertain us...I prefer more serious presentations so I can actually hear about the product being shown...you don't see that nonsense when the men are on...except that stupid Tuesday night show with Rick and Shawn...of which I do not watch any longer...

Perhaps you could answer my questions KYToby....

Esteemed Contributor

OP...I agree about the constant over kill of the TSV's....that's why I rarely ever watch the Q...I have said many times...they do not need to spend an hour...every other hour...on one item...we are not stupid people...surely they can show the product in a 15 min. slot every other hour then fill the rest of that hour with other things...

The only item that would need more time would be the computers...

Super Contributor
On 8/17/2014 KYToby said:

QVC is more interested in the thousands of people purchasing the TSV with these presentations than the tiny minority complaining about it on these boards.

Of course they want to entertain us. Their only goal is to increase sales and they absolutely employ entertainment as a way to do do. Thus all the attempts of the sales people to share their personal lives, the theme shows, the celebrity vendors, etc. If QVC doesn't entertain it's audience while selling to them then they lose out to the chanel changers.
Respected Contributor

Actually, QVC once had a 24 hour jewelry show...someone posted that QVC did the worst in jewelry and electronics. No offense, but they kind of do try to entertain us with by constantly talking about their personal lives and skipping over important product details.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Absolutely true. The TSV presentations are almost always too frequent and too long... And incidentally our concern isn't with QVC's "primary goal"... We're the customers, remember, and our primary goal is with our shopping experience... not with how many thousands of blenders (or whatever) presented incessantly, QVC manages to have fly out the door... Moreover, they ARE a TV shopping venue, so entertaining us clearly IS part of their mission, or needs to be... Otherwise, we can just go on-line to any of the thousands of alternatives and shop. We don't work for QVC, at least I don't think most of us do... so our concern isn't with what they want to do, it's with what we'd like from them... As a result, the lesson always imparted by one in our midst again falls flat...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

This board is a valuable microcosm, not the tiny insignificant complaint you talk about. When the microcosm speaks, smart companies listen!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/17/2014 circles said:

KYToby.....you end everyone of your posts with the Q is not here to entertain us...

Tell me why...if they are not here to entertain....do they let the giggling...laughing...dancing...twirling...singing...go on during the Pat and Jayne shows...SG...Renee...Nancy...Shawn....etc...

Frankly I wish they didn't entertain us...I prefer more serious presentations so I can actually hear about the product being shown...you don't see that nonsense when the men are on...except that stupid Tuesday night show with Rick and Shawn...of which I do not watch any longer...

Perhaps you could answer my questions KYToby....

I 100% agree, circles: they're singing, dancing, making jokes and clowning.. Looks like very low-level entertaining to me.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the so-called entertainment either. I preferred the professional presentations QVC did when I first started watching around 20 years ago. Now a lot of my dollars are going to other stores/websites.