Respected Contributor

Is it really necessary to have a vendor rep. for every single product???

Between the air-kissing and the "hi honeeeey" it's all such a phony act. I know there are more technical things offered that might need someone more specialized to explain things, but it seems that there is one for everything offered.......I used to love it when shows host cooked eggs and cheese in the old T-FAL, or demonstrated the products themselves.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it really necessary to have a vendor rep. for every single product???

No, it's really not, and more times than not, all they do is get in the way! There are a few vendors that actually add to the proceedings. Most of them are just excess baggage.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

the vendors do not get a chance to do their job....telling us about the product they brought...the HOsts are too busy doing all the talking or interrupting if the vendor tries to share a thought....

in the wee hours of this morning I had the Q on and there was Alberti...usually the breathe of fresh air...no...wrong...they were showing something for our T.V.'s....I forget what it was...and Alberti wouldn't shut up....the vendor...can't remember his name....kept trying to speak and Alberti kept right on talking....

I was so disgusted to see Alberti succumb to the other Host antics....I changed the channel and never went back ...

If the vendors can't tell us anything...they look like dummies on the set...why bother if the Hosts think they are smarter then the person who actually brings it in....

Honored Contributor

I truly don't see where most vendors add to most presentations. Let the hosts do their job and cut back on the vendors unless they truly have anything significant to add, provide some sort of entertainment function or have a great deal of personal appeal, (and most of them don't)..., which might help sell the product. By doing so, no need for the hosts to interrupt, unless they can find a way to interrupt themselves... and actually, I can think of at least one who often does! When it gets right down to it, so many of the vendors aren't vendors at all, they're paid vendor representatives (or QVC staff), essentially spokes-models, and I guess I don't feel most of them serve much purpose.

Esteemed Contributor

I would probably watch more if they cut down on the number of people on air at the same time. Sometimes there are 2 hosts and a vendor, and IMO that isn't necessary.

Sometimes I'd prefer to hear from the vendor and wish they'd move the host off camera. Vendors like Louis Dell Olio, Bob Mackey, and Laura Geller know their stuff and are capable of going solo. Why not just let them talk and rely on the on-screen availability guides and product info? I'd like to see them try that!

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm really cracking up over the topic ...... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Not too long ago, some posters were practically losing their minds over the fact that Dr Nicholas Perricone wasn't coming to QVC to present his products. The dark haired gal, (whose name escapes me) , wasn't an acceptable substitute!

Several people were quite adamant that if he couldn't take the time to come present his own products, they wouldn't buy!

Now .... the other side of the coin ..... people are saying it doesn't really matter! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You can't please everyone ........ {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 8/12/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Well, I'm really cracking up over the topic ...... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Not too long ago, some posters were practically losing their minds over the fact that Dr Nicholas Perricone wasn't coming to QVC to present his products. The dark haired gal, (whose name escapes me) , wasn't an acceptable substitute!

Several people were quite adamant that if he couldn't take the time to come present his own products, they wouldn't buy!

Now .... the other side of the coin ..... people are saying it doesn't really matter! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You can't please everyone ........ {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Actually, in some ways, you're making my point... Although he doesn't appear, Dr. Perricone is a vendor. Dana Bledsoe is a paid spokesperson who tells us theoretically what he would want us to know. The truth of the matter, though, is that most of the hosts selling cosmetics probably know as much about Perricone products as does she... Personally, she's one of those I don't feel adds a great deal to the proceedings, though certainly not the only one I think they could do very nicely without. It's nothing personal and no, I'm not bashing. Just stating a point of view!

Esteemed Contributor

I love how this morning on the D&Co. show Carolyn couldn't even sell a long sleeve t-shirt with out the "designer" talk about the colors. Really???? Computers, skin care and certain items, sure.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I sometimes wonder if the proliferation of more or less meaningless vendors/reps has coincided with the new Q approach of seemingly endless presentations of the same few products... It's a way to 'spell' the hosts, at least a bit, given they now have to go on for fifteen minutes to half an hour, sometimes longer, about a single product. In most instances, it's one of a handful of the same products they've presented many, MANY times...

Respected Contributor

On 8/12/2014 stevieb said:

I sometimes wonder if the proliferation of more or less meaningless vendors/reps has coincided with the new Q approach of seemingly endless presentations of the same few products... It's a way to 'spell' the hosts, at least a bit, given they now have to go on for fifteen minutes to half an hour, sometimes longer, about a single product. In most instances, it's one of a handful of the same products they've presented many, MANY times...

I also think it gives a lot of the hosts a pass on doing actual show prep..........now they don't have to know much more than what time to show up and which blue cards to have in their hands before show time. One thing that really bothers me and takes up needless time is the constant stumbling over colors.......whether it's shoes, purses, or clothes, they never can give the colors without being confused over which color is which............just tag the merchandise and then (hopefully) the host can READ IT OFF THE TAG!!!