Occasional Contributor

Lock and Lock for deviled eggs

I have seen many pieces of lock and lock that hold fresh eggs (which by the way I think is kinda silly) But nary a one for prepared eggs. They are difficult to transport and taking them to picnics is quite the challenge. Sure would be nice to have a secure piece of lock and lock for these. Hint Hint!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock for deviled eggs

I bought something similar to L & L for deviled eggs. It isn't as secure as I would like tho. It is 2 stacking containers that snap together with a handle.

Valued Contributor

I think Tupperware still makes a deviled egg holder. I also found a deviled egg holder at Walmart. Can't remember the brand name though. It works fine and is very secure.

Honored Contributor

the egg container they make is terrible; it is so airtight that fresh eggs spoil right away; the shells are porous for a reason.....i found several deviled egg carriers at Big Lots but none are L&L

would love to see L&L make a travel pill container....the one I use to get my pills ready for the week opened up in my bag while I was out of town and I had to fish through an entire suitcase to look for my pills. a L&L would keep me from losing my meds.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 lovesrecess said:

the egg container they make is terrible; it is so airtight that fresh eggs spoil right away; the shells are porous for a reason.....i found several deviled egg carriers at Big Lots but none are L&L

would love to see L&L make a travel pill container....the one I use to get my pills ready for the week opened up in my bag while I was out of town and I had to fish through an entire suitcase to look for my pills. a L&L would keep me from losing my meds.

I just leave the lid off my egg container. Someone told me to drill a few tiny holes in the bottom. I never did. But I did use it once to take eggs somewhere, dropped it & the eggs broke,lol..

Honored Contributor

I've used a large lock & lock rectangle container for my deviled eggs. As a test, I saved one & placed it in a small L&L container. After 2 weeks, it was still fresh! Tasted good too.

I did place a small paper towel on the bottom of the container just in case of moisture.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I think the problem with the (fresh) egg container is due to moisture build-up which happens when people put warm (or room temperature) eggs into the container and refrigerate. This causes moisture to build up then condense inside the airtight container.

To prevent this, place eggs in the refrigerator in their original container. After several hours, they will cool down, and then transfer the cold eggs to the LnL container. Because they are already cold, moisture will not be released (and condense) inside the container. The eggs will stay fresh for weeks.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 TX-starlight said:
On 8/11/2014 lovesrecess said:

I just leave the lid off my egg container. Someone told me to drill a few tiny holes in the bottom. I never did. But I did use it once to take eggs somewhere, dropped it & the eggs broke,lol..

I drilled a line of tiny holes in the lid and put a paper towel over the eggs and haven't had trouble since.

They used to sell a rectangle cake holder that had inserts to hold cupcakes or deviled eggs. It was quite a few years ago that I bought mine.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Miles Kimball- $6.99

Set of two, Home Depot- $7.99, under the brand Chef Buddy

Deviled Egg Trays with Snap On Lids Holds 36 Eggs (Set of 2)

$7.79, from Rubbermaid, at Neatly Smart

Rubbermaid® Durable Egg Keeper

Snapware, $8.99 at BBB-

Snapware® Two-Tray Egg-Tainer